Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Throttle cable bracket on elebrock intake

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zooman, May 1, 2003.

1. Zooman

Zooman Registered Member

Ok I finally put my eldebrock carb on my eldebrock intake and I can't remember how my throttle cable bracket goes on. I am thinking that it has to be modified some to fit on the intake.

What have everyone done for this??

2. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

Check out Jeg's , They carry an assortment of throttle cable brackets in their carb section. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

if you have a pep girls around you they have a bracket that connects to the carb. hope this helps

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

If you go to edelbrock.com and go to tech support, you can look up your model of carb with instructions. Basically, you plug in your make/model/year of vehicle, and it will ask you what products you want, You choose carbs and then what carb you want and it takes you to a description of that carb. On that page, there is a link to the instructions for installation. It's in .pdf format so you have to have Adobe. I'm not sure which Edelbrock you have but here is a direct link for my 600 Edelbrock Performer: http://edelbrock.r-catalog.com/ImgVD/EDE/1403-1413PerformerSeriesCarb.pdf They should have intake instructions somewhere there too.

5. Zooman

Zooman Registered Member

Has someone got a picture of there setup?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    I found a bracket but do I also need a different bracket for the return spring?

6. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

I had to cut the bracket to fit correctly. I cut off the leg that goes to the pass side of the carb to bolt it down. So, right now, only 1 bolt is used to botl down the bracket but i havn't had any problems with it. I did to my friends as well and no problems there either.
    Blake

7. Lane

Lane Registered Member

I have a 79 GMC 1/2 and I used the stock bracket on my Edlebrock intake and Carb

8. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

I run an edelbrock dual plane performer intake and an edelbrock performer 750 on my sb. I just ordered a generic bracket from summit and it bolted right on. It's held on the carb studs so is pretty universal, even has the tranny linkage bracket. Unfortunatly the return spring is a problen and I just got a generic one that is held on by the valvecover bolt but I saw summit also has a return spring bracket that may work as it uses the carb stud bolt.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I modified the stock bracket but was not happy with the way it was working. I bought a cheapie Spectre universal bracket at Kragan's and it works great. </font>

10. Zooman

Zooman Registered Member

Thanks for the info guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Hey Shaggy does that universal bracket you have have a hock up for the return spring?
    I have a th400 so I am not worried about the transmission hock up.
    But I do need to figure out what port on my carb the vaccum line from my tranny goes.