Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Throttle Cable Replacement

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigburban383, Mar 9, 2004.

1. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Apparently I blew out my throttle cable when I pulled the engine last year. I just got my engine dropped in, and found the throttle cable destroyed. How hard is it to replace, do you have any tips that may help me replace this thing. Thanks.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

just unhook it from the petal and yank it through the firewall from the engine side.

so how far are you on your engine swap? i just put the motor in and called it a night /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. bigburban383

[ QUOTE ]
    just unhook it from the petal and yank it through the firewall from the engine side.

so how far are you on your engine swap? i just put the motor in and called it a night /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The putting the new one in is what i'm worried about, is it like fishing?

I just dropped the engine in and its bolted to the tranny, then ill start on her again in the morning.

4. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

just stick it in the hole and push /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif it will go through /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

ill race you to get it broke in first /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. bigburban383

I don't want to enter in a race where I break stuff /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. Mastiff

Mastiff 1/2 ton status Premium Member

They cost like $10 from autozone and take about 5 minutes to install. The thing that happened with mine though is that on the pedal side, it's supposed to sort of snap in with some plastic tabs. I got no snap action, so it's really only staying in because theres pressure always pulling on the cable a little. I'm kinda paranoid that it's going to fall of while I'm in traffic or something and I'll have to put it back on in an intersection or something. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Maybe I got a super cheap cable by mistake or something. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif