Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Throttle Response

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ironmikek5, Aug 15, 2001.

1. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

83 GMC Jimmy w/350, Quadrajet, have replaced fuel pump, filter, lines, cap, rotor, plugs, wires. It ran rough before, runs much better now, but I'm still having trouble under load. If I accelerate hard, the engine stumbles, but if I ease back a little on the pedal, she takes right off.

I've got a rebuild kit for the Quad sitting on my bench, taunting me. Before I rip it off and rebuild it, I'm wondering if there isn't another potential cause/solution.

<font color=red>"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before" </font color=red>[​IMG]

2. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Well it is kinda hard to say not being there, but sounds like a carb problem. Maybe an accelerator pump problem. Is it hard to start cold? A carb rebuild probably will cure what ales ya!

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</a>

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

4. ironmikek5

ironmikek5 1/2 ton status

It starts on the first turn when cold, and I figured it is carb related, I'm just doing the caveman/fire fear thing, but I guess the end result is that I rebuild the quad.

<font color=red>"Oil? That's not my oil...that was there before" </font color=red>[​IMG]