Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Throttle sping placement

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MUD_SPEC, Jul 3, 2001.

1. MUD_SPEC

MUD_SPEC Registered Member

Does anyone have an E-brock Performer carb with a 700r4 tranny? I'm looking for a place to mount the throttle return spring. The only hole left on the linkage is the big one on top that must be pulled forward to close the carb. Right now I have springs going to a tab(is this what it's for?) on the water neck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

2. 1bad82k5

1bad82k5 1/2 ton status

I ran mine from the big hole on the top to a bracket bolted to the front two bolts on the intake. You can get these relatively cheap at any parts store, but if the setup you have now works, i would stay with it.
    eric

Don't get me started, you know how i get.

3. MUD_SPEC

MUD_SPEC Registered Member

Well, I've rounded up four different springs and they are either too strong or too loose so I was wondering what other places will work. I will prob have to make a bracket like you did.....sounds good. Any pics? Thanks.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Mine's hooked to a lifting ring on the front of the intake. The ring came on the original motor and I swapped it onto the new one with the Edelbrock intake.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles