Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Throttle Spring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Adub, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Adub

Adub 1/2 ton status

Do TBI engines have throttle springs? I test drove one and I literally had to stand on it to move the accelerator pedal. Just want to make sure something else isnt wrong.
    AW

2. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

I got a TBI, and it has a hard pedel. I am so use to it, I dont care. When people drive my truck they cant even take off.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Carbed vs your guys' TBI I know, but my truck has a nice easy to floor gas pedal, whereas my dads is hard to depress.

Both are Q-jets, both are cable throttle, so something is obviously binding. Not a very complex setup, I'd check the pedal for binding, (maybe hair or insulation where it pivots?) the cable, and finally the throttle body.

I believe the pedal comes out really easily, (its disconnected from the cable easily at least) I know the cable can be disconnected and checked really easy, and so can the TB at the same time.

I HATE hard to depress gas pedals, and when dealing with a manual trans, its even worse.

4. Yuba K5

Yuba K5 Registered Member

yep mines the same way.my right leg was starting to get noticably bigger so i swapped in an sm465 with a manual clutch /forums/images/icons/cool.gif