Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Throw on hydro assist

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1976Blazer76, Oct 7, 2006.

1. 1976Blazer76

1976Blazer76 1/2 ton status

When I bought my d60, it had the tierod in the stock location. I went and bought a new tie rod to run highsteer so in turn I'm aware that I must shorten the throw on my hydraulic because the tie rod is closer to the axle. My throw now is 8". Now, the part I have a question on. Don't recall who said it off the top of my head, but they threw a number like 6 3/4" is the correct measurment for the new throw. Yet, when I measured mine from lock right to lock left, I am getting 5 3/4". I feel this 1 inch is a big difference to what others were saying. Am I doing something wrong? Am I seeing this right? The measurement of the throw shouldn't matter from vehicle to vehicle should it?

-Matt

2. thedrip

thedrip 1/2 ton status

The difference between 6 3/4" and 5 3/4" is in how long your hi-steer arms are (TRE hole from axis of rotation). 5 3/4" is a lot closer to the numbers I've seen (most vendors have been ballparking 6" even for my setup)