Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

throwing out ideas...buggy springs set up this time.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 55Willy, Jan 25, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Okay latest idea is a buggy spring for the front of the Willy's. I have a couple extra springs to make the buggy spring out of. Questions are:
    How will it affect my driveline angles?
    How can I figure out the streeing?
    Can I make a locking set up for the roads?
    How much lift will it create..I don't want to add much if any cus then I have to lift the rear to match..

I'm guessing crossover steering is the only way to get the full advantage of it.

I'm just looking for the pros and cons of doing this.

and if you have pics of this kinda set up..post them I want to feed the madness,LOL

<hr></blockquote> Do not write below this line

<hr></blockquote>

2. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

Sir,,put the mouse down and step away from the keyboard !!![​IMG]

<font color=purple>ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]</font color=green>

3. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Iv thought ALOT about doing this and Iv asked Marv Springer a million questions on this.I was set on doing it until I talked to Marv.If my truck wasnt a daily driver I might think about it.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

55Willy,

See previous post I made about Buggys in front:
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=242091&amp;Search=true&amp;Forum=blazer4x4&amp;Words=buggy%20spring&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=6months&amp;Main=239751>http://coloradok5.com/forums/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=242091&amp;Search=true&amp;Forum=blazer4x4&amp;Words=buggy%20spring&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=6months&amp;Main=239751</a>

Frizz and a couple of others know how I feel about this topic. In a nutshell... I don't recommend it. But I would not hold back on any information if someone's just gotta do it!....

Climbing waterfalls in Farmington and Las Cruces has taught me not to concentrate on too much front travel. If you want to go nuts on suspension travel - do it in the rear!

Marv

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Have you thought about using longer leaf springs up front to gain flex?Iv heard of people using the rear leaves off of a K5 up front and moving the front spring hangers foreward.Some one here did it but I dont remember who.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

The front hanger is all ready out front..the nose of the Willy's is about a foot shorter then a Blazer.

<font color=blue>I have a COMPAQ, it's the RAV4 of the computer world[​IMG]</font color=blue>

7. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Thanks for the input. I think I have ellimanated it from my list. I should just get it built and see what it does first before I go and buil din more flex( and headache)

<font color=blue>I have a COMPAQ, it's the RAV4 of the computer world[​IMG]</font color=blue>