Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thrush Turbo Mufflers sound cool?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by seslick77, Oct 16, 2002.

1. seslick77

seslick77 1/2 ton status

Seen em over at Advanced Auto for $20 a piece. Was wondering what the sound like. Good and loud?

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifThanks, Sam

2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    More loud then good. I have two of them sitting in my garage that are only a month or so old. I used them until I did the whole exsaust system. The Flowmasters sound much better. But the dual 2-1/2" in & out stainless steel muffler costs around $300 for one. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Yeah, Flowma$$$$$$$$$$$ters! Advance also has some Dynomax turbos that should be next to the Trushes. They sound pretty cool and have a life-time warranty. I think they're about $40 a piece. Funny thing is though that some of the loudest mufflers also offer the poorest flow. I wish one of these days somone would flow test all the major brands and see what is what. I'm always leary of the manufacturers claims on any product. Their job is to sell the product first.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

those are glass packs right...cause if they are my dads got them about to go on his 64 impala...

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I had some on my k5 with the 305, and I *think* they were sold as "California turbo Thrush" if that means anything. For the cost they were fine, lasted no problem until I sold the truck, but they had a "tinny" sound to them. Not really obvious, but listening, you could here it. Only when on the gas hard though. (higher RPM's)

Kind of annoying after the first time I heard it, from then on out, I ALWAYS noticed it.

6. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

yuck, go with the <font color="red">flow </font color>