Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Thud" on take-off...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Nov 14, 2001.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

\"Thud\" on take-off...

What are the possible parts on the 1987 K5 that would cause a "thud" on light take-off. The "thud" is the same no matter if I get on it or if I accelerate slowly. I kinda feels liket eh tranny shifting but... I honestly have no clue and am not very good at diagnosing this type of problem...hence why I have come here...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
    Late,
    Chris

I am about to purchase (i.e. this week [​IMG], 11/15/2001)a 1987 K5. I am so excited. I has a 4" lift, 33's, Flowmaster, & pretty to boot

2. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Re: \"Thud\" on take-off...

Check the transmission mount. Mine would cause the transfer case to move up and then slam down on my skid plate. Once the tranny mount was replaced the "thud" was gone.

89 K5 Silverado, 4", 33's, 3/4 ton axles
    <a target="_blank" href=http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com>http://mudfrog.rockcrawler.com</a>

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Thaks a bunch MudFrog...I'll certainly check it out...any other suggestions...?
    Late,
    Chris

I am about to purchase (i.e. this week [​IMG], 11/15/2001)a 1987 K5. I am so excited. I has a 4" lift, 33's, Flowmaster, & pretty to boot

4. Gopherkiller

Gopherkiller 1/2 ton status

Maybe it's a jeep that you just ran over! Seriously, check ALL your mounts, but look at the left (driver's side,) engine mount. Just pop the hood, do a brake tourque in drive, and reverse, and you will know if you have a going bad mount, or bad mount. GOPHERKILLER

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Rear tranny mount. I had that happen to my truck. Very easy to replace.

My Chevy isn't broken, its just out of gas.

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Is it your head hitting the head rest?[​IMG]

A balanced diet is a beer in both hands.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

is it / or could it be the rearend? all of our chevy's have done this (automatics that is) and everytime I complained to dealer, I was told it was the rearend play- ??? I don't think it did it off take off so much but there is definetly a CLUNK

IF ONLY THE 3 YEAR OLD COULD TURN A WRENCH
    1986 K5 4" skyjacker suspension 3 " body, 14 bolt rear 12 bolt dana 44 front, TIRED ol 305-