Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thumbs up to Warn

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cegusman, Sep 22, 2006.

1. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I have a brand new Warn 8274-50, went to use it for the first time yesterday and the solinoid pack started to spark. Pulled the cover off and found all for the main nuts on the solinoids to be loose. Went and tightened them all and found one of the studs to be broken from the solinoids. Called Warn this morning and they are sending me a new solinoid no questions asked.:waytogo:

2. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Very nice - what great customer service!

3. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Great, glad to hear there are still good compnanies out there.

4. badmix

badmix 1/2 ton status

Good to hear. I realize some of the major companies are tryin to step up customer service while some havent figured it out yet.

Funny story:

Bought a Mean-Green Alternator and when I installed it, it wouldnt charge. So, I called MG and told them about it. First things outa their mouth was the following:

1) Must be YOUR wiring
    2) Must be dirty or bad battery connections
    3) Must be dead or low battery, not enuff volts to turn on Alt (this was their exact words)
    4) Must have installed it wrong.

So finally with them on the phone, I checked the pigtail connection that THEY supply to connect their alt. to my factory 2 pin wiring. Yip , sure enuff it was bad, probably a bad solder job under the harness of THEIR wiring. Once the guy realized this, his tune changed quickly. The whole time I was telling him all my wiring is brand new, batt was brandnew, etc. But after he realized they gave me a defect part, he was all nice and apologist about it all and sent me the correct part 2nd day air.

SOrry for the hijack, jus story relates to customer service in general. :D

5. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

that's great though that they can swallow their pride and get you your part after bein like that. some people are just so afraid to admit they dont know or they are wrong