Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Thunder Storm Alex

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CaveBlazin, Aug 3, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What a joke why cant we get hit with something good. There has not been a good hurricane here for a REAL long time. Its just windy its hardly even raining anymore...
    SUCK!!! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

You didn't like the one last September? Can't remember the name...

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Yeah! What's up with this lull in tornadoes too! I haven;t heard of any good firestoms wiether! THIS IS CRAP!

*sarcasm*

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Last September was Isabel /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

That's the one that beat the sh!t out of VA, right?

I had to go to Warner-Robins AFB for HURREVAC with our aircraft. 3 days in that hole...

6. CaveBlazin

That hurricane was more like a tropical storm of the lowest category yeah we had limbs and trees but no death and destruction J/K /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    There has not been a good hurricane here for a REAL long time.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You've obviously never had a house destroyed or had a loved one injured by a hurricane or tornado.... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

8. lifethroughdeath

lifethroughdeath 1/2 ton status

I cant wait for Alex, our first tropical storm/hurricane of the year to move up North a little bit more. They're forecasting 8-15ft waves, and that's huge for where I live, we usually have a max of 6' if we're lucky, which isn't very often. If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm talking about surfing! We're going up tonight, tomorrow morning and night, and thursday morning and night/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Nate /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    You've obviously never had a house destroyed or had a loved one injured by a hurricane or tornado.... /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly...

10. CaveBlazin

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Neither have you cause you cant joke about it!! I am from TN and we have lots of Tornadoes rip through there and rip up places including ours. I had a house destroyed by a tornadoe and a hurricane took advantage of a truck of mine but no your right never happened. O yeah and if you cant tell the difference between sarcasm and reality you might wanna stay out of the lounge area ROTFLMAO!!! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

11. CaveBlazin

O yeah and the waves during the canes RULE!!!

12. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That hurricane was more like a tropical storm of the lowest category yeah we had limbs and trees but no death and destruction J/K /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I was in VA when Isabelle hit and for being the lowest category, it was scary enough for me! Of course, being from California, that was my very first hurricane and I will still take a good old fashioned shaker any day! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. CaveBlazin

I think the scariest hurricane I went through was in 99 cant remember the name but it sure rocked the boat we were on. Yes thats right I was on a U.S. naval vessel and some people, not me I SWEAR, were getting a little tummy ache[​IMG][​IMG]

14. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Be careful what you wish for.

15. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

hell, two days ago i was in a tent in cape hatteras. im glad i got the hell outta dodge.

i tell ya what though, i missed the hurricane swell. too busy driving home. oh well, at least we had a little bit of a hurricane party /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

16. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

1994 - Unknown typhoon in the Pacific. I was on the Belleau Wood (LHA 3) and we were taking 30* rolls. After that , we called the boat the "Block o' Wood".

1996 - Super-Typhoon Kirk - passed directly over Okinawa, Japan where I was deployed at the time. 150+ mph winds; SOB actually blew water THROUGH the cracks in the barracks walls! Pretty bad when you live on the 4th floor, and the floor is under 2" of water... Also pushed a van from one parking spot to the spot next to it over the course of a few hours; we had a decent-sized pool going, betting on when it would roll and blow away. It didn't roll, and I didn't win... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif