Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tibus offroad locker ** UPDATE**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by prjt_blzr, May 27, 2003.

1. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to get my 1T axles setup and under the truck. I have to decide soon on what locker to run. The ARB does what I want but has all of the seal problems that I don't want. Tibus has a locker on paper that should work for what I want. The problem is that I have not been able to talk to or email anyone in the states to get an answer. Has anyone here actually talked to or know of these folks??

Thanks,

Mike

I finally spoke with Daniel from Tibus. He seems to feel certain that he will have a locker for the D60 and 14BFF in July.
    Mike

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Re: Tibus offroad locker

Deee-troit.

its "issues" are exaggerated IMHO.

3. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Re: Tibus offroad locker

The detroit is a great locker for offroad use. However, towing a trailer over the pass in the dead of winter with a detroit in the front (or rear) is not something that I'm real interested in doing. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif That is why I'm looking for a selectable locker that is open when not engaged. The electrac is close but again being pushed off the side of a large mountain is not my idea of fun.
    Mike