Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ticket help please

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddin4fun, May 19, 2002.

1. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Okay...I go out of town for two days, and I come back with a ticket stuck in my door saying my dog was barking.
    About 2 years ago I had a warning about the dog (and have trained her)
    Anyway, it says:

Name: Lara Jaworski
    Addy: blah blah (correct)

breed: hound x Color: Black, Tan, White

5-18-02, 9:00 am

"Listened from down street/dog was barking continously"

I agree to appear in court on or before the above date
    Signature: .no one home to sign

First off, I have been married for almost 2 years. "Jaworski" is not my name anymore. Also, my dog is a pure bred and also, there is no white on that dog or black. She is brown and tan and it's not really a very dark brown either. So, one of my questions is, since the pussy didn't have me sign it, what happens when I move? Is he still going to write tickets at my expense??? /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

And, wtf is this 'no one home to sign' crap? I wasn't here! I don't know if my dog was barking! I didn't even sign it to agree to meet at court, but it's a ticket! /forums/images/icons/mad.gif And what would have happened if his ticket that he loosely taped to my door blew off? How the heck would I have known I ever got a ticket if NOBODY signed anything for it!!!

So, what can I do?

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

in cali, i think yoiu can make as much noise as you want all day. but between 10pm and 7am you'd be in trouble.

just say someone tried to break in and you dog was scaring them away...

reminds me of a time when i got a ticket for having a forsale sign on my car, around that same time someone was tring to break into my apt. my roomates and i chase the thieves for about 2 blocks. so much for police protection, they just do the easy stuff these days, well some do.

ARQ.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Ignore it and if they do get back with you, tell them you never got a ticket taped to your door.

Truth of the matter is, that if you tell them that you never got a ticket that was taped to your door, all they can do is arrange for another date in court or just talk to you about the dog barking right then and there.

I would drag that for as long as I could before making the appearance in court.

If you can, get the dog housebroken and keep it in the house. Go to the court and tell them, "what dog? It died!" /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It makes you wonder what would happen if you didn't show up. How could they prove you ever received a copy of a ticket. I don't know what I'd do.

5. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

That sounds bogus Lara. I cant see where they can say anything at 9 AM anyhow. 2 AM...OK, but 9 AM. NAH! Who was this the police..... code enforcement? You werent there to sign but I would take it up w/ whatever dept it was that wrote it. Id tell them that the dog hasnt caused a problem in 2 yrs, you werent home and have no idea what happened. All you can assume is that someone was messing w/ your house and the dog took care of business. Or someone was teasing the dog. Did you train the dog or have the dog trained? If you had the dog trained Id take the papers to show you have done what you can to abide by the rules but you cant help what happens when the dog barks at someone trying to break in. Instead of sitting down the road listening to the dog bark.....why didnt they investigate the reason for the dog barking.

6. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

If you didn't sign for it then I believe you are not required to show up (signing it is an acknowledgement).... trash it and play dumb if they ask about it. Not like they can fine you for not showing on a ticket that was unsigned for and stuck under a door (like you said what if it rained or blew off, then what?).... another thing too if you do show up... your dog is not that color, bring a pic and say not my dog.... you got proof..... oh too, was your dog actually outside? If you were out of town you could say my dogs were with me, and I dunno what you are talking about if they were inside and they never saw them...

7. Pure Insanity

I dont think its worth it. At least call and try to straighten it out.

You can be arrested for failure to appear.

8. ChevyCaGal

But she didn't sign it... how can you even be given a ticket without it being signed? That sounds like a load of steaming stuff to me.... if it really did blow off the door then how would she even have known... you can't hold someone liable for an unsigned ticket stuffed under a door....

9. Pure Insanity

HMMMMMM......Good point. But is it REALLY worth the hassle?

10. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

you're moving? find out which one of your bastard neighbors called it in, and play hell with them until you move/a few months after you move... police don't just randomly show up and write tickets about dogs barking, unless someone called them out to look at the dogs barking. (unless your dogs can bark louder then the hounds of hell, with a megaphone, and 30,000 watts of amplification)

I'd say call about the stupid ticket, but since you didn't sign it, you didn't acknowledge it ever appearing... they could of course, still put out a warrant, which would be a giant pain in the posterior... call, and get it straitened out... and find out what your local noise ordinances are. you also should have the right to know who the plaintiff was in this case, (bastard neighbor who called about it) but shouldn't really matter.

good luck with it,

-Rich

11. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

I dont think they can arrest you on a ticket you did not sign for. Not only that you shouldnt get a ticket for a dog barking during the day. If a cop has nothing better to do but sit down the street and listen to your dog bark he/she better have done it for more then 5 minutes. What dog barks only once or twice atsomething it gets excited about? I think you get a WARNING before you get a ticket to apear in court for your dog barking. Sounds like this cop was overdoing things. I cant stand down a street and know exactly which dogs house the barking is comming from.

12. ChevyCaGal

Maybe Lara's dog stole his last donut and it just really pissed him off.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

13. muddin4fun

I think what I'm going to do, is see who is head of that department and talk to them about it.
    I trained my dog. I could bring her to court and show how well trained she is. She doesn't bark without a reason.

One of the problems I have is there are other dogs running around my neighborhood constantly. Also, lots of mean little kids who I've caught terrorizing my dog.
    There are two bastard neighbors. One of them left a note on my door right when we moved in saying that big dogs belong in the country blah blah. The people who lived there before me said she doesn't like big dogs and she called them on everything also. Just so happens, she lets her little weiner dog run around without a leash. I think somone is about to get in trouble for that....
    I doubt I can get out of it (unless I talk to my neighbors and they said they didn't hear anything-which means I ask them to go tell the judge the dog was as quiet as can be all weekend), but I'm going to raise hell about it. It just seems sorta underhanded to me....

Oh...and animal control is going to work their butts off now....

14. muddin4fun

anyone else think my sig is sorta ironic in this thread? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. muddin4fun

K...I pulled this off the city's website. It sure sounds like they've got to contact me first before issuing a ticket:

90.06 EXCESSIVE NOISE.
    No person will knowingly keep on their premises an animal that disturbs the peace by making excessive loud or obnoxious noises. Any person who has been notified by the Animal Control Officer or City Police Department that their animal is disturbing the peace in this manner has 24 hours from the time of notification to stop the disturbance and prevent its recurrence. Failure to do so within this time period is a violation of this chapter and will be considered a misdemeanor. Each 24-hour period such a violation occurs is punishable as a separate offense.
    (`75 Code, § 3-6) (Ord. 1997-8, passed 7-1-98; Am. Ord. 1998-24, passed 11-17-98) Penalty, see § 10.99

16. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Sounds like an easy one to me.

They have the name wrong and by the description, It's not your dog. Take the citation to court with a pic of your dog. I'm willing to bet the Judge will throw the case out before you get done explaining anything.

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

And, tell the judge the dog is a mute!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hey Lara tell them your dog must have ate the ticket!!!!!!!!!