Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ticking sound

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by NoSmog73, Mar 16, 2002.

1. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

Ok when I start the eng. it starts fine and then when I go to leave there is a ticking sound when I give it the gas (not while idleing in gear or out)I can start to go from a stop and there is no ticking but if I give more gas the ticking is there till I reach cruising speed and cruise.I hate this becuse I can't be under the hood and drive at the same time???? I have headers in the box (waiting for money to do the flows) Would an exhaust leak act that way? Wouldn't I hear it in idling. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT :P

2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Sounds like it could be an exahust leak.. They usually show up under acceleration.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I just damn near replaced my motor because of an exhaust leak... It sounded incredibly like the top end stopped getting oil, so I got it partially pulled, then circumstances forced me to put it all back together, and ever since I changed the manifold bolts, I haven't heard a peep from it. Even seems to be a little more consistent now power-wise. I still have a broken y pipe bolt to drill out though, that's making some noise that could be mistaken for lifters....

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Sounds like exhaust to me also.
    Can you get a friend to give it some gas while you check it out? What are friends for anyway/forums/images/icons/smile.gif