Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tie Rod Setup!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by backcountry, Aug 7, 2004.

1. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Hello all!

I want to beef up my front end with a heavy duty tie rod and draglink setup. What will work? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Reason I ask is because the current stock tie rod is about 1" from my leaf springs. The stock ends are turned down to provide more clearance. I was hoping to go with Moog ends and with either a Rockrod or one from Offroad designs. Also, I do not want to convert to a "high steer" setup.

Any and all help is much appreciated. Thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i got all my standard crossover (non-histeer) stuff from Rockstomper. Definitely beefy. I just got some new steering arms off of pirate that will lemme me put the tierod behind/above the axle... wont get hit by anything then. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

anyway, rockstomper is good stuff and relatively inexpensive...

j

3. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Thank you Jason! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I just talked to Scott at Rockstomper the other day. They are currently not making the Rockrods due to steel prices and quality.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Which sucks!!! But they produce great parts and the rockrods hold up well!

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Check out Sky-Manufacturing. I run their crossover and HD tie-rod. It's pretty beefy stuff for a great price /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif