Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tie rod

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4X4HIGH, Nov 13, 2005.

1. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

For those of you running an ORD Tie rod what size rod did you go with? Also will DLE's work in place of the stock TRE's, IE: same taper? I am just wondering so i don't have as many different parts on my rig. It would be nice to have the same ends on both my tie rod and crossover draglink.

Does anyone have a part number for the DLE's.

I might have found the number of the DLE's that ORD supplies with their crossover steering, Moog # ES2010L, ES2010R if i'm not mistaken. I just found the card i wrote those numbers on, can anyone confirm that this is correct?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2005
  2. cok5

cok5 Registered Member

You don't wanna run DLE's on a tie rod, I don't even like running DLE's on the drag link, they are long shanked and weak IMO. ORD uses either 2010L and 2234R's/2010R's on everything, they do not use DLE's since there DL is bent and puts it at much less of an angle. Looking at there pics I would say they are the 2010L&R. I would use the 2010L and the 2234R since the 2234R is quite a bit cheaper than the 2010R. They are nearly the same except the 2234R has a little longer shank.

Check this out, http://www.partsmikeparts.com/tre_comparison.htm

3. 4X4HIGH

That's what i meant, i want to know if i can run the 2010L/2010R as a tie rod using the HD DOM tie rod from ORD. This way i only have 2 different ends on my rig.

I just took a look at the site and it looks like i can run the same ends in my tie rod. :thumb:

4. 4X4HIGH

So back to one of my questions, what size tie rod do most of you run the use the ORD tie rod?

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The big one, I bounced it off several rocks pretty hard last time out and it's held up. More "research" to be done on Saturday. :D

6. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I'm running a 1.5" O.D. .375" wall DOM tie rod with TRE's. I bent it..but it's held up fairly well. If I had it to do again, I'd use 1.5" solid chromoly and just drill and tap the ends for 2 right hand TRE's from the parts store.

7. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

1 1/4" Chromo tie rod, will bend like crazy but when the load is off it just springs right back to straight.