Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tierod\Drag Links & Ball Joints

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 2High4U, Dec 16, 2005.

1. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Im changing m front and rear drag links tierods and ball joints tommorow
    because they are all bent any good methods to getting the alignment close?

Do I need to use a fork to remove the drag links or can i just remove them with bfh?

and the last question... the steering stabalizer i have is a aftermarket pos and think its on worng to boot, which side of the shock goes where(does the part that doesnt extend anywhere go on the axle or on the tierod)

thanks

One day away from picking up my 400 small block, 500 cad motor and 16.5 6 lug aluminum rims:D :D :D I can smell a truggy on its way on a burban frame:eek1:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  2. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Any Suggestions At All?

3. 3rdshiftdesign

3rdshiftdesign 1/2 ton status

Count the threads and mark them. yellow paint marker, or if it's clean enough spray paint.. just to get an idea, then count the threads.

I just replaced all of mine and didnt use a fork. Just tap the knuckle to drop the tie rods, and same for the drag link ends.

The part of the stabilzer that spins (just the shaft end) goes to the tie-rod.

4. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

alright thanks for the advice this is the first time doing this except for the ball joints i have done them before... just didnt want to screw anything up too bad until i can get an alignment