Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tierra Del Sol Trip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kpanza, Jan 29, 2001.

1. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

OK, California guys (and anyone else that wants to make the trip!). I just wanted to post this about the Tiera Del Sol off road event. I am sure that all of you have heard of it or seen it in the magazines every year. It is a huge event, usually more than 1,000 trucks show up. Now, since most of them are Jeeps, I thought it would be cool for us to show up in force in our K5s!! I have already sent my registration in. You can check it out at their website - www.tds4x4.com They have registration forms that you can print out and mail in. The due date for "early registration" (you save $10 that way) is Feb 17 I believe. The event itself is on March 3-4 weekend. Most people go out Friday afternoon, but Saturday is the actual trail ride day. It is in the Truckhaven area near Salton Sea, mostly dirt trails with a few rocks mixed in. Most of the trails are just moderate, it's more of a fun weekend than an extreme challenge. But I am sure we can find something to challenge us!! ha,ha

Anyway, check it out, and let me know if anyone else from this board is gonna go, we will make it a point to meet up and hang out on the trails!

2. socal_k5

socal_k5 Registered Member

Me and the family will be there along with some friends from out of state. I'm taking my new toy "chevota" landcruiser through the run but we might have the Blazer out there too just in case the cruiser breaks. I have a silver K5 and a primed landcruiser and there will also be a red sammy and a white jeep CJ 7 camped with us. So if you see us stop by and have a cold one.

3. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

We will be there Friday afternoon, and we will have my black Blazer, my gold Jeep CJ5 and an early 70's Bronco. I think we are camping with the Inland Empire 4 Wheelers Club, not sure exactly where. Should be fun...

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Thats the name of my neighborhood in Tucson, COME ON DOWN!!!!!!!!!

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim