Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tiger woods here i come!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BranndonC, Jan 20, 2005.

1. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

so while i was in Az i touched my first golf club. last friday i went to the range for an hour and learned the basics, i probably hit 4 balls out of the basket that were decent, about 150 yards. (nice clubs) then monday morning i played an 18 hole game and did alright.

well i just got back from the local range here in ca and i was hitting it 250 yards, but not straight every time. this game is way more fun that i thought it would be. anyone else here enjoy golfing?

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Love golphing, i havent been able to go latley, the weather up here isent as good. But ill be going out soon, i always have a blast, mr and my buddy try to go on fri. mornings when the weather is nice

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah, i'm a golfnut... :whistle: been playin since i was about 10... love smackin the **** outta that ball..

funny thing is, when a broke my collarbone really bad a few years back pool skating, i thought my golf days where over.... its actually still in 2 pieces, never got the plating surgery i needed.. i actually play better now, not quite as long, but i swing a little easier and score better..

love playing new courses.. thats what i like, going to a new course and checking out the layout.. love coming up to some cool hole where your hitting off a cliff or something...

not the cheapest of hobbies tho...

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Do y'all know what the word "GOLF" stands for ??? Belive it of not, it means "Gentlemen Only, Ladies Forbiden". See, I'm full of all kinds of useless information.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I could never get the form down, kinda like me and basketball, I can't dribble and run at the same time...:crazy: I'm all white....:grin: :p:

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Very addictive game. Started playing when I was 28, am 43 now. Best round is a 77, play to about a 13 handicap (basically shoot around a 85 for 18 holes). Got my first hole in one last Labor Day...........awesome feeling. Play, play, play, and you can get better..............

It is also the most frustrating game you'll ever love. :D

7. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

been a while but i enjoyed it when i did play

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

RJ and hitting things precisely do not go together

9. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Same here man

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Golf is the game that kicks the asses of many.......

My mommy bought me a set of clubs for Christmas (used, of course, new ones are hella ridiculous expensive), so I don't have to rent any more... Oh wait, I didn't in the first place[​IMG] It really does pay to work at a place with a golf course... Free (or very cheap, depends on who's working) golf, free cart, free clubs... Plus when I'm bored at work, I don't HAVE to be ANYWHERE, so in the summer, I do a couple laps around the course collecting lost golf balls... I have darn near a hundred balls that I didn't pay a cent for[​IMG]

I can't wait for summer, I'm gonna golf like there's no tomorrow.... and maybe I'll actually get somewhat good, and the old guys waiting for me to finish a hole won't try to kill me [​IMG]

11. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Yep, got my set of clubs last year for father's day and joined the local course. My 14 year old son just got his clubs for Christmas. We are hoping to play this weekend. I am getting better and maybe this year I will register a handicap and play a little more often.

Very addictive game, frustrating but a blast.

12. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I think if you play just to have fun it's a great way to let loose and relax :waytogo:

13. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

before I ever tried golf, I didnt think I'd like it very much, plus its so darn expensive, but i think I may actually end up liking it alot more.

14. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

That one of those games I cannot stand to watch on TV , or stand most of the well to do's that play it .

However the few times I played I loved it . Definitely more fun to do than watch :D

15. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I took a date minature golfing once. Took that bitch to school!!:D I suck at the real thing though.:mad:

16. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

You want me to take him out for you next week? I am working EMS @ the Bob Hope Classic? How about this you can take over his golfing carreer and I will take his wife?:D Sounds like a deal to me!!

17. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

dude youre supposed to let the chicks win:D

18. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I got my first set of clubs when I was 5 and have been playing ever since. All through Junior High and HIgh School, I would spend every daylight hour I wasn't in school at the course (but I never play on sunday, religious thing).

My friends will call me up and say, "Let's go mash!" Which means bust out the driver and work on stress relief. I can't stand putting, much more into driving. But the old adage is true, "Drive for show, putt for dough."

Very frustrating sport, but it has a lot to offer people. I have played with all sorts of really wealthy, powerful people. I don't get nervous or intimidated talking to anyone, it really helped the people skills a lot. Throwing a tantrum was never tolerated by my father, so I learned A TON of self-control. Golf is a good thing to work on if you are going into the business world. Lot's of business takes place on the course.

To enjoy golf you really have to enjoy the struggle. It really is a kooky sport. Glad you got to be exposed to it. Keep it up!