Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Tightening" up the clutch?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Logan, Jan 21, 2001.

1. Logan

Logan Registered Member

\"Tightening\" up the clutch?

My clutch is on it's last legs, and a friend with a garage has offered to give me a deal on the replacement. Problem is, his garage is about 60 miles away, mostly uphill, and the clutch is already slipping pretty badly.

Is there anything that can be done to clamp down the clutch a bit more so that it'll make the trip?

-Al.

2. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Re: \"Tightening\" up the clutch?

If it is a mechanical clutch you can adjust the linkage and it might help. right under the truck on the drivers side of the bellhoushing you will see the threaded rod. If it is mechanical you are screwed. leave your front hubs unlocked and drive in 4 wheel low at 30 mph there. :-)

I thought I was wrong once,
    but I was mistaken

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Re: \"Tightening\" up the clutch?

Get a CenterForce II cluch Kit!! A little pricy but I guarentee you will love it!! Hooks up great and has a very soft pedal!
    If your disk is not holding then your pressure plate and disk are worn and not much you can do to make it stick again.
    You can shift with out the cluch being used, you just have to get the RPM of the motor to match the speed of your drivetrain and you will beable to slip it into the next gear. Takes some practice with the throtle but it can be done!
    Good Luck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com>http://www.burt4x4.coloradok5.com</A>