Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tilt column help please...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyfumes, Jun 23, 2003.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I'm tearing it down to tighten it up and I got to the turn signal, were you unscrew it and pull it out and let it hang by the wires and heres the problem....It won't pull out far enough.....It's a 74 if that helps, I don't want to pull too hard on the signal harness,I'm afraid it'll break, so WTF guy's, anyone????? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

It won't pull out far enough for what?

The plug towards the bottom of the column slides into some tabs on the column. Slide it out and you will get a couple more inches. If you already did that then tie a string to it and slide it up inside the column.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    It won't pull out far enough for what?

[/ QUOTE ] to get to the screws behind it, I finally got to them but what is this plug, I don't have anything like it but I can get to the pins on either side but can get them out, even with the make shift screw and socket puller.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifThen out falls a small stip of metal that resembles part of the turn signal, but I hvent a clue where it came from..... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Then out falls a small stip of metal that resembles part of the turn signal

[/ QUOTE ]Yeppers it was part of the signal pod, now only my left rear blinker works....Is it time for a drink yet????? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif