Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tilt column parts availability...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ryoken, Sep 26, 2004.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

my 87's tilt had a bunch of slop when i bought it. i let it go awhile and it now has apparently chafed the wires leading down from the turn signal actuator.. i've gone in and tightened up the slop but need to go back in to replace the wiring assembly or repair it... just as soon have a new one sitting there next time i tear the column apart..

anyone know if this is available thru GM? or have an exploded view of a mid 80's tilt?

i'd just as soon get a non-tilt manual one and put a floor shifter in, but for now i need to fix this... thanks for any help...

2. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

3. ryoken

tho the one post goes a little deeper then i ventured, the link to the exploded is no good.. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif thanks tho...

gonna stop by my local GM monday and see if the turn signal/wire assembly is available... shouldn't have to go in quite as far to replace that as i did tightening the slop.

4. or2play

or2play 1/2 ton status

Your dealer should have the turn sigal switch in stock. They also have a kit that has the ignition rack w/all the parts to it, and the two bearings that go inside the tilt bowl.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Get the part number from the GM dealer, and plug it into gmpartsdirect.com

Also have a friend that can get Delco stuff, so if it's a Delco piece, he can probably get it for less than GMPD.

My local dealer absolutely shafts you on parts, and there is NO reason to buy from the dealer when they charge you (typically) 50% more than GMPD.

Delco part number appears to be D6225, but I would verify that with the dealer, it varies on RPO apparently.

6. ryoken

cool, thanks... i have Delco capability too, so i'll double check the #'s and call him..

muchos gracios /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif