Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tilt front end

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazerdude69, Nov 10, 2004.

1. blazerdude69

blazerdude69 Registered Member

has anyone done this or know of a web site that might have some info. I'am thinking of tilting the front on my 84 Blazer I believe that it would make it easier to work on the motor insteak of haveing to climb up an sit on the radiator or try to stan on the stock front bumper. any help would be great.

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Cybrfire did it I believe. Made it all one piece then hinged the front. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Someone else has done this (can't think of who it was)and they said it sqeaked so bad it drove them nuts.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. blazerdude69

does anyone know what is needed (parts) to do this? Or is there a write up about it?

5. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]

There is another shot of it in my gallery. No write up but I've got quite a few photos. Be out the rest of the day but I'll check back when I can.

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

There used to be a kit you could buy ten maybe fifteen years ago I wanted for my K-10. Haven't seen it advertised in a long time though. Included hinges and rubber hold downs.

7. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

I did it to mine before deciding to go hybrid. I also narrowed mine at the same time. Very time consuming but turned out nice I will give you the whole front end if you come get it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

8. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Tilt front end is so nice. Every vehicle should have a complete tilt front end.

9. Jeromy Gibson

Jeromy Gibson 1/2 ton status

I did it to my truck when I narrowed it, wasn't that hard to do. I would show you some pics but they are not very good and I have no way to post them. I will say this, I have never had an easier time changing the spark plugs, and the only thing that sucks is it the way I have mine pined in the back it takes two people to open it.

10. blazerdude69

cyberfire what did you use for hinges? and how do you fasten the front to keep it from moving?

11. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

For a hinge I used the 1/4" plate you see on the frame in the above photo. This is also a winch mount. On the top edge of the plate there are bushings welded to the plate. Then there are plates welded to the core support and mating bushings. I used 3/4" bolts for pins. The bushings are spaced apart so tightening one bolt and loosening the other gives you side to side adjustment on the alignment of the front end. The reason I put the hinge point as high from the frame as i did was to create a place for the winch to sit without being in the way when the front end tilts forward. I didn't get reall fancy with the pins in the rear for holding it all down. Just fabbed up some pins on the fenders.

12. blazerdude69

thanks for the info cybrfire. what do you mean by mating bushings? are they a special bushing or just same size /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif ?

13. blazerdude69

any more info cybrfire? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif