Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tiltin' hilton - rear sway bar?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bdan, May 5, 2003.

1. bdan

bdan Registered Member

Aug 3, 2002
    tiltin\' hilton - rear sway bar?

I've got a 1976 GMC Casa Grande camper that I put a 4" lift in and the thing is really top heavy now. I've read a few people have put aftermarket hellwig rear sway bars on these but this application is never listed. If anyone has installed one of these, do I want the bar for a 78-83 Blazer (pt no 7471) or the one that fits 73-83 k10+k20 pickups and 73-85 suburbans(7437) any help would be great
  2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Feb 17, 2000

Hmmmm good question. I bet the Sub might be stiffer. It runs the same gas tank as the blazer. It will probably bolt up.
    You might call Helwig and see if you can get somebody with a clue and explan the situation. They may have so speck sheets and bar diameters to figure out what one is going to have the maximum roll control.

Welcome to CK5 Check in with K5NUTT (was AZBlazer). He has set up a Chalet/Casa Grande registry.