Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tim

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudjunkie 82, Aug 15, 2004.

1. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Does anyone know how Tim is doing at the Truck Challange???

2. mudjunkie 82

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah been wateing to hear? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

haven't talked to him in a while /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I was wondering the same thing!

6. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

He's still alive /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    I'll let him fill ya in, I was only there a few hours each day and took a few pics /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif (about 100mb worth of pics and videos).

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

aah! hurry up and get us the pics Jeremiah! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Good luck Timmay /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Well guys, I represented CK5 well, I'll put it that way.

I don't know what place I got, in fact, I will not know until I get the March 2005 issue of Four Wheeler. They only revealed 1st-3rd place, which I don't exactly agree with, but oh well, nothing I could do.

I trashed my water pump bearings in the hill climb which was no big deal, we got it fixed (my crew did).

I did pretty well in the hill climb, I got a 2:36, which I thought was pretty respectable. This event was a blast, I went FIRST which was somewhat nerve wrecking but it was fun.

I destroyed my 1350 CV from high angle in the mud pit which pretty much ruined my weekend. It was not binding, it just basically exploded from torque as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to hear what Jesse has to say, I'm sure he'll take good care of me.

As for the obstacle course, I finished. We threw a joint in the front shaft as it was and I was able to finish with a pathetic time.

In the rocks the judge DQ'd me after 5 minutes because he didn't think my spotter was a member of my crew. We were doing great and the people from Four Wheeler had allowed him to join my crew as he spent all night saturday night fixing my front shaft so I would have one to run. He was not allowed later on to be on my crew and so I only made the rock course about 1/2 way. I also went first in this event, and later on they knocked a tree down that was in the way, allowing all the compeditors that went later than me to complete the course where the rest of us got hung up in one spot.

In the buzzard's roost I couldn't have asked for a better time. I blazed through it. I took the winch cable for the steep decent even though I probably didn't have to, I did this because I knew I wasn't going to win so I wasn't going to destroy my rig trying. I was told my time was 7:08 which wouldn't make me win it but it was very respectable with many people getting timed out at the 13 minute time limit. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better run than that, I got a ton of air for the camera as I crossed the finish line and finished off what was left of my front driveshaft.

I had a blast, although I took a lot of breakage and this competition was very difficult. There were a lot of very well built trucks there, some that I would say should not have been there because they were far from road-legal, but either way, it was a great experience and I can't wait to see my rig in the magazine.

If anyone has any further questions post up and I'll give you details.

Total carange:

One left rear tow rig tire that looked like brand new and was checked and had 80 psi in it that morning (blew out)

One water pump

One $523 high angle front driveline

9. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

damn sounds like U had a ton of fun...and did very well!! and it looks like you kept yer breakage to a very reasonable minimum...awesome job tho!!! I think I can speak for everyone when I say I cant wait to see you in the mag!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

AAH! we have to wait until march to read all about it, and to find out who won /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

11. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

yea that will be awesome to be able to say man I now him.lol
    Glad you had fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    seams like the driveline is the biggest thing most people break. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    good job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Chris

12. jjlaughner

[ QUOTE ]
    aah! hurry up and get us the pics Jeremiah! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK
    Here they are
    [​IMG] Water Pump Replacement
    [​IMG] Starting line of the mud bog
    VERY short video as my camera shut off (battery) (Right Click Save As, Quicktime) 2 seconds of Tims run in the Mudbog
    [​IMG] winching forward
    [​IMG] broken shaft
    [​IMG] Cooper taking a swim for the cameras /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Day two
    [​IMG] Starting gate to Buzzards Roost

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 4 handed steering
    [​IMG] The Money shot coming off the cliff
    [​IMG] Here's where it stopped, I missed the big air pic trying to keep up running down the side of the trail, he finished before I could get to the end gate /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Tims 2wd Exit from the pit at the end of the Buzzards Roost (right click save as, Quicktime)
    [​IMG] This is the entry area (right) and exit hole (left)
    By the way people talked I suspect Tim's exit was bigger than this /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif (right click save as, Quicktime) /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

I only made it a few hours each day so I only have pics of one event each day. I believe they ran three the first day and 2 the second. Show wasn't organized real great for spectators (looooooooong time between events made for a long day) and the first day people where parking in the dunes making it hard to get to the actuall parking area. Organization could have been a little better, the participants where a good selection of vehicles, I got to meet a few and everyone was very cool. People where helping each other in between events and event staff was pretty cool as well. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Congrates Tim /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

thanks for the pics...
    when did tim paint his truck/ I remmeber the bed being a different color...
    looks like he did good /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

14. phil21705

phil21705 Registered Member

we painted the truck last sat ,or was it sunday me,tim ,and joez

it had to be cool -olive drab- paint held up well only real body damage was a lil from the rock crawl on the left side front of the bed not bad, the truck held up well ,except the shaft. But we do owe thanks to a guy named jesse from badlands for using his free timne to help us wrench and fix the shaft . -phil- /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

what kind of olive drab paint did you guys use? Looks good...

16. jjlaughner

WHAT UP GUY!

Yeah the truck looks better one solid color.

17. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Good job. No event is ever without problems and complications. Sounds like you did really well despite those. I doubt anything I have could make it through any of those trials.

18. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Nice job Tim! I bet that was fun.

19. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

sweet, gotta get that issue. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

why is it you can have the beefest of everything, but when in a comp, you break stuff /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    the driveshaft would be the last thing i would though you would break

BTW, the truck looks better one color than multi /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

looks like you had fun /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

20. mudjunkie 82

Sounds like you had a great time!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif