Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Timberland's not so bad...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 18, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Timberland\'s not so bad...

I sent my favorite boots back to Timberland for warranty replacement. They finally called me yesterday and told me to pick out $160 worth of boots or clothes for the replacement, since my boots were discontinued (if I'd known, I would've bought a couple pair when I bought those). I hate ALL thier modern boots on their web site, so I hedged a day and asked my wife to find me a pair that looked the least offensive to me.

I called them today to see what the deal was and how I could work this out (since I've already purchased $300 of boots in the last 2 months to cover me while my boots were out), and the woman I spoke with said they picked out a pair and were shipping them to me. She gave me the model number, and I damn near puked when I found them:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry, but I would actually need to wear them in public.

So I dug around for a while and found a pair of timberlands I liked on a retail web site, but not on Timberlands site. I found a couple that I'd settle for also, just in case the retail pair were non-existent.
    The pair I liked turned out to be available, but only $100. I figured I don't need any $60 shirts, I'll see if I can squeeze another pair of boots in. So the woman said the only way I could do that would be if I sent them a check for $20.

So I'm diggin it. I may have to send them $20, BUT, she did say the boots I sent in were only MSRP $130 originally, so after all the math, I'm getting $180 in boots for $150 (my original $130 + $20). Plus, I got a year or more out of my original boots that I sent back.

For a company that makes ultra-comfortable but now butt-ugly boots, they treated me pretty good today!

2. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

Re: Timberland\'s not so bad...

I've got a pair of Timberline boots too. Super comfy. Took FOREVER to break them in, but now they are like tennis shoes. Haven't had a problem out of them yet and they are pushing 3 years old now. I'm glad to hear that they are helping you out like that instead of screwing you over.

Kris

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Good to hear they have such great service!

I've been wearing cheap boots from Walmart, I just go for the most brutish steel toe with a high upper that is available in 13. Herman survivors I had lasted a goof 18 months of severe beating, and a couple dunks in the mud, have a set of Brahmas I'm wearing now, on 20 months with a still solid, comfy boot. Not bad for $45 eh?

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

If you dont have to have steel toe's Bass Pro's RedHead Boots are comfy. I got their 8" uninsulated tree-stand II's w/ Goretex that I always wear. Only prob is the tread seems to wear kind of fast. No big deal, already had em for 10 months, wear em every day, and the tread under the ball of my foot is down to almost flat. Rest of the tread is good. I used to have a Wal-Mart pair of steel toes, but they got destroyed workin construction lol.

5. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

RedWing all the way... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I hated spending money on shoes cause I tore through them so quick. When I started working in the city, though, I'd be walking a couple miles a day on flat pavement, and in cheap shoes, that gets old (and painful) quick. I still walk a lot, but enough less that I figured I might be safe to go with cheap shoes, but they bit me after the first 10 blocks on my walk to my office... Tread wear is HUGE, but the Timberlands I returned were not bad at all for their age.
    I probably spend $150 a year averaged-out on shoes for work, maybe another $50 on sneakers (old school 90's reebok high tops!). I bought a pair of beater sneakers for $9 at walmart like 2 yars ago, and I still wear 'em when I know I'll be getting my feet dirty.

All in all, I'm pretty pleased with Timberland's product and thier handling of this, but very disappointed I have to say goodbye to what I thought what the last boot style I'd ever buy.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I used to love wearing boots, but I have to wear running shoes all the time as my right knee is so messed up that I won't be able to stand up at the end of the day if I wear boots. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif