Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

TIme and Money=LIFT

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DUKE, Apr 1, 2002.

1. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

Nov 14, 2001
    Three more weeks then I can finaly undertake all the projects Ive been dreaming up this last year. I desided that my shocks are gone. one actaully GONE. dont ask cuz I dont know. The springs are sagin. I figure If i am going to replace it all I might as well get 2-3 inches lift anyway. I have checked out many brands but the biggest difference I can tell is money. Recomendations here. I want 2-3inches. Smooth ride(daily driver too) Cost, I dont wana pay for things I dont need/use/could tell anyway. Simple, dont need the hastle dealing with incomplete kits, or unforseen problems with the lift. Where to buy, I have to order so local isnt an option really. LAST QUESTION what effects the 'smoothness' of the ride quality of springs or shocks.
  2. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nov 24, 2000
    Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    If you don't have the money you could search the junk yards but I would recommend talking to Stephen about it with ORD.
    He knows his stuff and can set you up. Just because they are good for off road doesn't mean that they are not good for a daily driver also. Most of the stuff we use on here is better quality they you would get from a normal parts store.
    The best always cost you but it pays in the end.