Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time for a new video card..Any suggestions??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I've decided to replace my Diamond Stealth 16mb Riva-TNT card. Any suggestions? Ive been happy with this card its just 4 years old so I figure theres better stuff out there. I'm just confused reading all the reviews on the ATI & G-force cards. Should i get 128mb or is 64 OK. Is riva-TNT still good or do they work with all games?

I'm running XP on a 933 P3 256 ram and a 17" kds monitor.

Any ideas?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Oh yea...If its on Amazon.com its better because I've got a gift certificate

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'd probley go with the 128 becouce of futue demands for games.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I run a 32 or 16Mb ATI All-in-Wonder card to watch TV on and grab video to edit on the 'puter. I do zero gaming, so I have no idea what I'm talking about with gaming specs... I got this card a year or so ago, whenever it was super-top-of-the-line. I'd imagine by now these cards have to be much better, or at least available with 128mb...
    I only recommend it because it's so cool for TV watching in the background of whatever I'm working on. It's great for catching video, too... I actually have a second I'm going to put in my Mac with the DVD-burner when I get it, that will be snazzy, mailing family DVD's of the kids opening presents christmas morning....

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Abit Siluro GF4 Ti 64 MB GeForce 4 card.. BAD ASS!!!! TV out and all... can run dual monitors from card... rates next to the 400 dollar ATI9700 card only the Abit one is 150....

IT KICKS ASS!!!

Games, video editing, normal day stuff....
    AWSOME CARD!!1