Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

time for more lift!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MUD JUNKIE, Apr 12, 2003.

1. MUD JUNKIE

MUD JUNKIE 1/2 ton status

I'm thinking on going with a 6" suspension lift and getting rid of my 4" I can fit 38" tires without rubbing with my current setup (4"+3") and would like to set up to at least 39"s
    I found someone with 6" springs for sale and rear springs also,no hardware,just the springs for 250$$what else would I need? I have a 79' chevy pickup

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

driveshafts probably need lengthened with that much lift and steering correction, brake lines if you dont have already

3. MUD JUNKIE

ok the brake lines for sure,what would I use for the sterring? I already have the drop drag link,I use the raised arm or the block correct?
    what about the front axle angle? would it be to steep with a CV driveshaft?

4. BamBamblazer

BamBamblazer 1/2 ton status

I have a 6" lift and my front shaft has been fine so far. My rear shaft was lengthened but i still had a vibe /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, so i replaced it with a c/v shaft from hi-angle and no more vibes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I think if you have a drop draglink that will be enough correction on the steering. I hope this helps you and if you have anymore questions i'll try to help.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

fender trim, you can get 39.5s to fit. Mine fit np and I only have 1" of body lift and about 5" of susp lift.

j

6. MUD JUNKIE

I have no problem with trimming but theres alot of deep water holes that put me under,and I need that little bit more lift to finally defeat that deep mudhole.I know that with 2 more inches of lift and 39" tires that will put me up alittle more so thats cool.
    I've got a pickup thats a long bed,do you still think that I will have vibes? how much does it cost to lengthen a shaft?

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

snorkle?

j