Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time for my....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ryoken, Nov 9, 2006.

1. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

monthly skate post.. :wink1:

Since I haven't skated in like.... forever.....

Couple clips for ya.....

The first shows what can happen to even the best of skaters....

One of my top 5 alltime skaters, so smooth and stylish, well, except in this clip, Chris Miller... :doah: 1985, Upland, CA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaJvebjA8N8

And yup, I've done the same and can sympathize... Thats a big, burly pool..

And here's a killer recent one of him just destroying the pool at the Encinitas YMCA.. Just toying with it, in total control... Guys in his mid 40's.... :bow: :D :bow:

Btw, if anyone knows what this tune is, speak up please, I'm diggin it...... Johnny Cash?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEgiDC8_Umc

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Nice...

3. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

that last clip was great.

it does sound like Johnny Cash.

4. Bushwhacker

Bushwhacker 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice... brings back old memories. I used to skate myself, didn't have many pools where I was at we just rode ramp. Damn was that fun though. If I tried it now I'd prolly break my neck. Haven't stepped on a board in 15 years.:(

Sounds like the man in black to me too singin that tune

Clay

5. ryoken

Cool... :D

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I've skated waaaaaaay more ramps than pools and parks.... Back when I was sponsored in the 70's I got to skate some great parks and quite a few pools... But even then we where heavily ramp orientated, I used to bike 20 miles every saturday to skate this one 1/2 pipe as a teen....

But thru the dead years in the 80's, it was strictly 1/2 pipes.. Think I went about 15 yrs without skating a pool... Gotten to skate a couple in recent years... And I skate FDR in Philly, which well, if not careful can lead to results like that first clip.. :doah: Now if I lived in Cali or Oregon, I'd be skating one of the million parks they have going these days.. That kidney at the Y in that clip is perfect...

For any who dig watching this stuff, here's a recent mini ramp part that is just crazy... Some really insane skating going on with some of the craziest props you could imagine... Really long, pro part, worth the watch... Tricks that even catch me going, "wait, wtf did he just do?" :bow: :haha: Even has a vintage J. Priest track running...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aZtmrunVXs4

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The song is called "God is gonna cut you down" by Johnny Cash. Also been done by Elvis Presley and Moby...

Rene

7. ryoken

cool... thank ya sir! :D

8. ryoken

One more to post of a guy that has to be an alien, Bob Burnquist.. This is his part from one of the Firm video's..

The majority of this takes place on his backyard ramp... I can't begin to tell you how hard most of this is, skates equally well going backwards as forward..

The stuff he's doing in the over-vert cradle is just nuts, but made to look easy... And it's well worth watching till the end cuz the full-loop stuff he does has never been done before... The aired out full-loop is crazy, but when you realize he's skating backwards, well..

The last clip of him pumping a full loop at Mt Baldy is just insane, indescribably impossible... Broke his wrist on that one...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FhVOdGGIdMk