Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time for new 35s.

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by Diesel Dan, May 1, 2003.

1. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Well, first removed the 35" TSLs, way too loud on the road. Bought some good used 35x14.50-16.5 Mickeys from mudfrog, not much quiter than the TSLs, but they do handle much better.

Just ordered some 35x12.50R-16.5 General Grabber M/Ts. $695 mounted and balanced, should be in monday and have them mounted tuesday. Maybe then I can finally hear the TV that's in the truck /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.

2. 01fatboy

01fatboy Registered Member

i am torn between the trusus mts 35x12.50 x 16 or the ssr 37 x 12.50 16 both are 10 ply but the cost is 60 dollar diff. I have the radial swamper 36x 12.5 16 now and i like them but they say either of those 2 are quieter. /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i run 36" TSLs on my sub every day. its not really bad, i dont notice the tires ne more.

4. 01fatboy

01fatboy Registered Member

I have a trailer i tow so need more sidewall but i think it will be the TrUxs MTS I am leaning to /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

I am running the 37" SSRs and tow a 20' trailer with the race bike and gear handles great. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

so you like the 37" SSRs? im considering them for my next set. my suburban is my daily driver and i want somethin a little better than the TSLs. but im runnin 36s right now and dont want to go smaller.

7. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

I love my SSR's. I just put this on after having 35" SSR's on it before. I have ran BFG MT's ProComp MT's and deciced that I would try the SSR's. WOW way beter handleing and ride. Plus the looks cool factor. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

Had them installed yesterday.
    Wow, what a differance /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. Made a quick run down the highway at 65mph and couldn't even hear the tires! Had I known this before I'd have bought these right off the bat.
    I'll definitely recomend these for someone wanting a quiet/inexpensive mud tire.