Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time to buy my house

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bobsurf, May 28, 2002.

1. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Well, we just got approved for enough $$ to buy the house we've been drooling over for the last month. Hopefully we will make an offer tonight and get the ball rolling. Stoked cause it's up the street from my brother in law (<font color=orange>Harry</font color=orange>) who got me into the whole K5 stuff. He's got all the tools I can't afford, so I can't wait to take apart my 73 and rebuild the beast.

By the way, if you're reading this Michael (<font color=orange>BorregoK5</font color=orange>), the house is out in San Marcos, on Lake Ridge Dr.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats and good luck /forums/images/icons/smile.gif wish i could buy a house /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Cool! I wish it were me!! I hope it all goes well and without too much stress. Hurry up and close the deal so you can have a housewarming and invite us all over!!/forums/images/icons/cool.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Good luck, hope you get the house

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Hey congrats. Ive been looking for a house for about 3+ years now, and it's looking like I'm just going to buy the house I'm in now. I know exactly how it feels to be looking for a place with room to disassemble the K5, too...

6. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the good wishes. Be happy you're not house shopping in San Diego, prices are absolutely ridiculous. Check out the links below.

Pic

7. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

That's Insane!!!!!.......selling my wife's house in Allen Tx, which is very similar for $110K.....and That is fairly high, even tho both Baths are "new" (tile, fixtures, etc), and the Kitchen is remodeled.....house was built in 1959......I really feel for all y'all in Calif......Sure do hope ya get yer house tho....Congrats....

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

$322,900.00 ????????? That would be a 60 to 80 thousand dollor home in Omaha, Ne in a middle class naborhood.

9. bobsurf

bobsurf 1/2 ton status

Ridiculous huh!!! Prices have shot up about $100k in the last 2 years. That is now the average house price in San Diego county. I guess we pay for that beautiful weather you see in that picture./forums/images/icons/cool.gif I've got two options, either buy now, or keep giving money away to my landlord. Just hope prices keep going up after I get in.

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

LOL, that's it?? That's just about what they are around here. That's probably more, actually. Long Island ain't getting any bigger, and the last couple years, it's become very desireable to live here. Realtors have totally capitalized on that. My friend bought a 3 bed/2 bath/small yard 3 years ago for $180,000, a realtor just told him not to ask less than $350,000, and it'll probably go higher because the demand is so high. I'm lucky the house I live in is falling apart and the landlord doesn't want to deal with it, so I may get it as a rent-to-own...
    Congrats again, enjoy that weather!!

11. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Dont count on spending too much time on the Blazer after you get the house. Your list of house stuff to do will grow very fast. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Well, at least mine did.
    220 to the garage...
    new shop lights...
    etc.

Not to mention the things inside. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Ken H.