Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time to clean house, need anything?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by BadDog, Mar 5, 2007.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've decided it's time to clean house and get rid of some of my junk yard. I've got fenders, doors, bed sides, a hood, some bumpers and so on. Ranging from perfect to usable. Also brackets, trans cross members, and all sorts of stuff from parting out several vehicles. This stuff has piled up to the point I can’t find what I need and know to be out there somewhere. I'll try to get a list with relevant pics in the next few days, but just thought I would see how much interest there might be, particularly in sheet metal...

I may also wind up parting or selling the truggy. I simply have too much pain in my legs these days to fool with it, and what I do get around to, “costs” me far too much to make it worth it. Add in other "life issues" and recent financial limitations and it's looking like I may need to find another hobby. :( I’ve fought myself over this decision for a long time, but I think I really need to get this done and off my plate.

2. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Wow, that stinks. I hope things will turn around for you. I know I'll miss your contributions around here. You've answered plenty of PM questions for me and I always appreciate that. :D

I'll keep an eye out for your list and maybe there'll be something I could talk Harley into hauling up for me. :deal:

3. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Dang Russ! Don't do it........ The dark side is much better.

4. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

how's about a trans crossmember for a cc dually (2wd) to fit a th700r4 in there? :D

maybe some interior parts? :o

5. mtnman

mtnman Scrap metal fabricator Premium Member

maybe some interior parts? :o[/QUOTE]
    dude - - - I have mountains of interior parts

6. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

I need some parts. Two front fenders, as clean and straight as you have. Two doors as complete, working and straight as possible. These would be for a '74 K5, so 73-75 doors would be perfect. I could cut truck doors, though. Also stock front and rear bumpers for same, provided they're straight. Maybe a couple other small parts here and there.

Feel free to hit me direct at azamstaff@yahoo.com. Be glad to head over to check out your stash.
    dion

7. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Sorry, most all of my stuff is the later "straight line" style front cap, no earlier stuff, though doors and quarter skins will fit. No interior stuff, I sent that all out with the trash long ago. There may be some door panels, that's about it. And where would I get a 2WD cross member, much less for a 700R4.

I'm going to try to drag it all out, get some pics and prices by the end of the week.

Afraid I don't have much choice, though I hate to give it up. My son has NO interest any more, my wife has no interest beyond 5 minute “hold this for a minute” exercises, and my daughter loves to wheel but always has other things when it’s time to work on it for more than a half hour. She says she wants to build her own, but I expect we all know what that means? :o My legs have gotten much worse over the last year and I just can't stand what it takes to keep it going, much less build another. I won’t discourage her and will help what I can stand, but I’ve made it very clear to her that I’ll be advisory only for most of it.

8. dbozman

dbozman 1/2 ton status

Well, you've got my e-mail. When you're ready, let me know if you have anything that will work for me.
    d

9. MetalMelter

MetalMelter 1/2 ton status

Hope everything works out well for you.

Best wishes from Colorado:)

10. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Dangit Russ!!!! This really sucks. I'll give ya a call and will be more than willing to help with whatever if I can.

Very sad.