Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time to cut some sheetmetal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rockink5, Jul 7, 2002.

1. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Well it's time to trim some sheetmetal. I know a few guy's here have done it ( and had it turn out good) Does any one have some pics? also what did you use to do the cutting. Thanks /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Ummm...did you try a search? It's been discussed a million times. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

One tip that you may not fine in your search is my special cardboard technique to get both fenders to turn out the same. I cut out a piece of cardboard with the same contour as the 1st fender I trimmed, then lined it up on the un cut side and spray painted the area I needed to cut. That way its somewhat symmetrical on both sides.

4. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

Thats the stuff im looking for . Not " I took a sawzall to my fenders today" I had not thought of the pattern, Thanks

5. efilnikufecin

efilnikufecin 1/2 ton status

depending on how much you want to cut?i got mine hogged out pretty good.i used a cut off wheel.makes smoother cut than a saws all.use masking tape to mark out your cut line.here's my page.

http://community.webshots.com/user/efilnikufecin