Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time to grow up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, May 6, 2003.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Lately I've noticed alot of childish behavior here in Off Topic. Stuff you'd expect from a 12 Y/O. I'm not going to name anyone or give exsamples, becould I don't feel that would be right. I understand some people are just screwing around having fun, but alot of the things being posted are quite childish. I'm all for everyone having fun, but running the same thing into the ground over and over gets annoying. Grow up people, and come up with something new and different, the same theam is still just the same bullshit again.

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Whaddayamean time to grow up? What time would that be? I'll wait till I'm done with my childhood first if ya don't mind... That could take another 50 years! You know how much time that is in Beaver Years? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Lately I've noticed alot of childish behavior here in Off Topic

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep. That pretty much why it's here. This way people arn't posting silly stuff in the Tech Forums.
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stuff you'd expect from a 12 Y/O.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep. Thats pretty much how most people like to act in the Non Forum. I like to think of it as a place to let it all hang out.
    [ QUOTE ]
    I understand some people are just screwing around having fun, but alot of the things being posted are quite childish.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Again better here that the Tech Forums.
    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm all for everyone having fun, but running the same thing into the ground over and over gets annoying. Grow up people, and come up with something new and different, the same theam is still just the same bullshit again.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh You mean like the "Cooking with the Fatman" post that seem to be happing on a reguler basis now /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. If you don't like a post then don't read it, use the back button. Thats what everyone else does. When the Moderators say it's time to clean things up then they will be cleaned up. Untill then I think everyone should be able to have a little fun.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

How come every time somebody comes up with something funny and runs with it you whine like my two year old at bedtime?

Chill out and learn how to laugh, brother. And keep in mind that some of us have stress in our lives and enjoy acting like 6 year olds from time to time.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> OK, I'm finally going to say this. Paul, are you really this dense? Please pay attention. THE ONLY REASON THAT ANYONE IS HAVING FUN WITH THE BEAVER SUBJECT ANYMORE IS BECAUSE IT ANNOYS YOU SO MUCH. If you would just stop voicing your annoyance they will stop or at least slow down to the occasional mention. I never found the beaver thing funny either, but you getting your panties in a wad with the mere mention of the word has been amusing for the last few days. THEY ARE ONLY DOING IT TO GET A REACTION OUT OF YOU. STOP REACTING AND THEY WILL STOP.</font>

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

We will?

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh You mean like the "Cooking with the Fatman" post that seem to be happing on a reguler basis now . If you don't like a post then don't read it, use the back button. Thats what everyone else does. When the Moderators say it's time to clean things up then they will be cleaned up. Untill then I think everyone should be able to have a little fun.

[/ QUOTE ] I guess y'all didn't notice that "Cookin' With The Fatman" is a colum I do for "The Biker's Trading Post" . What I don't like is the dissrespect. I'm not being a dick about about some people's posts. My "Cookin' With The Fatman" appears once a week at the most, and it's different each time. I hadn't posted any of them for quite awhile till someone on this board said they were hungry and asked about it. I can say the same thing about not reading them, but I'll also add that we shouldn't be dissrespect people. That's why I didn't bring up names or exsamples.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Eventually you probably will. At least you won't pick on poor widdle Paul anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif </font>

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    You know how much time that is in Beaver Years?

[/ QUOTE ]

for the love of God man, are ya trying to kill me????????????
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> OK, I'm finally going to say this. Paul, are you really this dense? Please pay attention. THE ONLY REASON THAT ANYONE IS HAVING FUN WITH THE BEAVER SUBJECT ANYMORE IS BECAUSE IT ANNOYS YOU SO MUCH. If you would just stop voicing your annoyance they will stop or at least slow down to the occasional mention. I never found the beaver thing funny either, but you getting your panties in a wad with the mere mention of the word has been amusing for the last few days. THEY ARE ONLY DOING IT TO GET A REACTION OUT OF YOU. STOP REACTING AND THEY WILL STOP.</font>

[/ QUOTE ] The Beaver bullshit wasn't what I was refering to. I know some people won't stop. Yes, I'm sick of that bullshit too, but there is alot of other very childish behavior going on.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Oh, well in that case I don't really care. Get back at them, don't try to ruin everyone else's fun. I don't think they mean disrespect, for the love of mike, this is only the internet. There are alot of people in here that take some pretty cheap shots at others, but you're the first one I've ever seen complain. What are we back in 6th grade here? Grow some skin, man. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif</font>

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well apperently You must think that Your some sort of Moderator or something. Seems to Me if a post dosen't suit Your fancy then You b!tch and complain about it.
    One more thing. Who the hell is being disrespectful. If You can't handel people poking a little humor at Your post in this forum then to bad. I expect people to make assnine comments on post in this forum.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess y'all didn't notice that "Cookin' With The Fatman" is a colum I do for "The Biker's Trading Post" . What I don't like is the dissrespect. I'm not being a dick about about some people's posts. My "Cookin' With The Fatman" appears once a week at the most, and it's different each time. I hadn't posted any of them for quite awhile till someone on this board said they were hungry and asked about it. I can say the same thing about not reading them, but I'll also add that we shouldn't be dissrespect people. That's why I didn't bring up names or exsamples.

[/ QUOTE ]

If ya post it, expect it to get disected and rewrote. I'm pretty sure most of us have had that happen to us, no big deal.

Disrespect is up to interpetation of a person. You may think you are being disrespected, and some of us think it's downright funny. There shouldn't be a reason for ya to get all bent about it. If you do get bent, then you shouldn't post it. Simple............

If ya got a problem with some of us discussin beaver oil, don't read it. I don't read every thread in the forum, and I'm sure the majority of people here are the same way. Besides, there are times of dryness in every subject.

[ QUOTE ]
    exsamples

[/ QUOTE ]
    Would this be the stripper that you were enjoying at the club that left you for the guy down at the end of the ramp with dollars flowing?

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes, I'm sick of that bullshit too, but there is alot of other very childish behavior going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what I'm sick and tired of? You canstantly telling everybody what they should and shouldn't post in non 4x4. Who the **** do you think you are? The OT cop?

Maybe you should get a badge and "patrol" the OT forum to make sure we all post according to your standards. Unfortunately, we'd end up with an entire forum about why the Black Hills are so cool......... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

15. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

There is too much personality diversity here to be asking people to act a certain way. It is a public forum, with 11,000 participants. The fact that it is as tame as it is continues to amaze me; there is a sense of common decency and what is unacceptable, but until mods DECIDE that something is unacceptable, it's all fair. If you have a problem with something someone says, PM them. The more you post about what you don't like, the more resentment you build, and you become a target. Again, this is a very public forum; there are many members who say $hit that bugs the hell out of me, and I say $hit that bugs other people, but we all take it with a grain of salt and move on...asking people to grow up is a lost cause. Call your carpenter, go to True Value and get some supplies, build yourself a bridge, and get the **** over it.

16. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    If You can't handel people poking a little humor at Your post in this forum then to bad. I expect people to make assnine comments on post in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

[​IMG]

17. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Call your carpenter, go to True Value and get some supplies, build yourself a bridge, and get the **** over it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    LMFAO /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Well, I guess I pissed off Paul, didn't mean to get your feathers so ruffed that much. I am to blame for the childish remarks, jokes, ect... I am not twelve I am 43 or 44 not really sure...Paul Rules nothing more to say......

Untill the next segment of Cookin with the A$$man

Can you smell what the A$$man is cookin........ /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

19. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Alright.....I'll ask,
    Can you give an example of what has bothered you so some of us can give it some consideration /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    I thought I grew up when I hit 40. In reality, growing up Sucks! I decided every year I would subtract a year from my age so when im 60, I can act 20 and when im 80, hopefully I'll be breast feeding again /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously, If you like, you can PM me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Y'all wanta know whats so funny about all this. I wasn't refereing to anything that involved me. Look at how meny of y'all jumped on this. The only personal issue I had was solved earlier today via a PM. I just got to thinking how dissrespectfull, and childish, things have been lately, so I started this thread. Think about that one. If you've had to jump in on this, who's the one(s) who's sniveling ??