Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time to open the checkbook,,,

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wasted wages, Sep 13, 2005.

1. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

I'm about to pull the trigger on 4 new Boggers and beadlocks,,,and I'm not sure what rim size to use,,,I run a 14 bolt rear W/ disk brakes and a D60 front
    and have ground the calipers for the wheels I have now ( Eaton 15 x 10 )

Should I stay with the 15" wheel size ?
    What backspacing should I use ? The Eatons are 4 1/2 inch ( I think ??? )

You guy's that run beadlocks post up what brands you run,,MRT's ,Champions,
    Barts,,,and what backspacing you have,,how many bolts on the rings and what you would do different if you did it all over again.

I just don't want to spend a bunch of money and find out later I should have done something different!!!!

Thanks in advance !!!!

2. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Rim size. I would say more than likely a 16.5". I had 15 and well wish I would have went with 16.5" rims and tires. As far as beadlocks I had a set of the DIY and liked them. I would definately do the DIY beadlocks again or use a set H1 rims. I don't see the justification in speng 300+ for beadlocked rims when you can have the same or even better for less. This is just my 2 cents and everyone has their own opinions.

James

3. FreedomIsntFree

FreedomIsntFree 1/2 ton status

Can't give much advice regarding the beadlocks, but I vote for the 15's. Less wheel weight and if you have to air down, there will be more rubber and less wheel.

4. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

I went 15" with 2.5 backspacing MRT wheels. And I run 39.5 boggers and am happy with the combo. The only thing I would do different is have the wheels powdercoated before mounting the wheels. Because after 2 runs, the paint on the inside of the wheels is peeling off. I need to get a hold of MRT and find out if this is common. But in their defense, when I ordered them they were very helpful and the wheels were delivered when poromised.

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

After grinding calipers once I can say that I will never run anything except 16.5s agian.I have H1s now and love them

6. 81jimmyslt

81jimmyslt 1/2 ton status

I say run the 15" wheels but with less backspacing maybe 3". That way you have to grind less on the calipers, it's not as bad as everyone says, unless you have 4.5" backspacing. With 2.5 backspacing no grinding is required so they say.

7. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Whats the best place to source H1 wheels, and what do you have to do to run them?

8. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I say as long as you're buying all new junk, get recentered hummers. No grinding, double beadlocked, and a loss less torquing bolts down than a standard lock.