Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time to SWIM home.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Grim-Reaper, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I can't believe it. I get up this morning and all the weathemen (Weather channel, local news) say ohh Great day. 80 for high, Fist chance of rain is Wendsday. I'm like GREAT. I'll take the top down on Old Dollar. Well I carfully unsize all three windows. Getting ready to fold them up and I notice they got some grit on them. Didn't want to scratch them so HAY it's not supose to rain till tommorow I'll just throw a blanket on my Subra in the garage and leave them home.
    Drive to work with a big old grin on my face loving it. Go out for a smoke break at 2:30 this afternoon and a couple drops hit my head. Big black cloud....Thankfully I didn't leave the whole freaking top at home. Come in look at weather.com...nothing till about 4:30. BEEN POURING EVER SINCE! blowing sideways the works. LOL Hay atleast my side windows are safe at home not getting scratched!

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Wasn't your a$$ wet on the drive home? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I wish we only had rain. We got 11 inches of snow up here in Idaho!

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

When I had my Cherokee I got bored at work one day and lopped the top. I did it the way of a 1st gen early 2nd gen K5s are. All the way to the windshield. Well I had planned on building a cage and having a top made to stretch over the cage w/ no top frame work. The 1st weekend I had the top gone Sandi and I took the kids to some friends that lived about 40 miles away. No chance of rain. HEHE YEAH RIGHT! We got caught in a similar storm to what you decribed. Pouring down... lightning, typical central Fla storm. It wasnt too bad in front behind the windshield but the kids were getting pelted in the back. When the back side of the glass got wet, it became real fun to drive. LOL!!

I never did get a top made for it, and it was my daily driver. HAHA! When I would get caught in the rain in town when I wasnt moving it would come straight down on me. I would be sittin at a lite w/ an ear to ear grin just to make people think.

IMO the weather guys are just guessing. LOL!

5. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

At least your's doesn't hold water--I drove home from the car wash (yes, I do it after Moab every year) with water sloshing around in mine. Guess its time to drill a couple more drain holes.

Pete

6. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Eric,

Go home and grab some 80 grit sandpaper. Rough those windows up just a bit. They will now look like mine! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif. You should not have any more problems with throwing them in the back with the tools and tow straps!