Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

time to upgrade need info

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KENNY, Mar 21, 2002.

1. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

After searching for a suburban and thinking long and hard about the blazer i've decided to keep my k5. Am now willing to spend the extra bucks on it. the 84k5 wiith a 305 4spd runs great. interior is beige which i would like to switch to blak with a black paint like the one on the lmc mag. what upgrades to consider, already have an msd,ord steering, and sual intake. 305 runs great but would like a 350. And need body work. any help.

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Before any advice can be given on upgrades we need to know what you plan to do with the truck. Daily driver, hardcore wheeling, stuff like that.

3. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

it will be a daily driver, sorry, as it is now just want it to look and more importantly drive good. not much off roading in nyc potholes though.

4. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

little help here please. thank you.

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

NYC is not that far from http://www.paragonap.com. Some of the potholes in NYC are bigger then the rocks at Paragon. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif There are tons of mods you can do but that depends on what you want. If you deal with parking garages then hight is going to be a concern. Gas milage might be another concern and so forth. Also what do you want to upgrade, do you want to lift it, modify the engine and trans, axles? What is your max tire size you plan to run? Do you mind doing some fender trimming? How much money do you want to spend on it? I know these seem like dumb questions but I am tring to get more spacifics from you to try and give you good advice.

6. KENNY

KENNY 1/2 ton status

i want to go with 4" lift, a 350 crate dual exhaust,new interior and sound sytem, and eventually a soft top

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Well, If you don't want to really 'wheel it, a 4" front spring and a 5" block in the rear would get you up. Dual exhaust will run about $300, or so it does here in Kalifornia. Canback(?) makes soft tops, run around $500 last time I looked.

I would keep the 305. run it till it gernades then step up. if you are not in TTC or stuff like that, no reason to toss a good running and fuel efficent motor for a DD.

8. RESTORE89

RESTORE89 1/2 ton status

what size tires?
    you may need to regear if you up tire size to go with that 4" lift.
    also a great "look" isue is the rear axle is 3" narrower than the front, so a wheel spacer makes a big difference in the appearance. not to expensive either about 125 and easy to install in about 10 minutes.
    i paid $1800 for my 230hp crate 350 back in october. gm 36 month factory warranty included if you use new flywheel and harmonic balancer.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

if you aint 'wheelin it... y upgrade at all?

J

10. bklynlifted

bklynlifted 1/2 ton status

kenny where in nyc are you?? i'm in brooklyn there are a few of us tri stataer's on this site check my bio my truck is set up real close to the upgrades you described ? except the dual exhaust.