Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Time Travel

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, May 20, 2004.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

What are your thoughts on Time travel?

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    What are your thoughts on Time travel?

[/ QUOTE ]First you'd need to be able to go faster then light, then you'd need a large gravity mass and travel at a right angle to it........

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

It would save on gas and I could finally avoid the insanity of airport security.

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

My brain hurts when I think of time travel. Ever watch 7 Days ?? What happened to the Parker in the time that he went back too? If you were talking to him would he just dissapear? I'm a firm beliver of the "Temperal Prime Directive" /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I used to like that show, still do really, but a couple weeks ago while watching reruns that whole thing finally dawned one me. It was like, wait where is the Frank in the past??? And I had the same thought, so if you two were talking he would just disappear? You'd know he was backstepping then.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Let me on the ride cause I'd go back to about 1865 and say c'ya and wouldn't want to be ya modern folks.........

7. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I'd go back and abort John Kerry /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif

8. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING, FOLKS WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

naw abortion is wrong. Id just kill him in Nam

Nick

10. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

You gentlemen are missing something... its not too late to kill him /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I think time is the result of concious though, and travelling along it would be silly idea. I also think If we didn't measure time, it wouldn't exist. It's measured based on our lifespan and abilities, so if one were to exceed the limits of humanity you may be able to augment time, but not in any physical sense

Anyway

If you could time travel, and then change events, then that would then be the accepted set of events, and would effect you too, so even if you didn't deviate from your plan to time travel, you would forget the alternate past anyway.

So in the end it is probably futile

The interesting concept, to me, is space travel, not outer space stars and planets, but the breaking of the limitations of distance.

There is also nothing to substantiate distance without anything to measure it against

12. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I'd go back the 2 minutes it took me to read this thread and rethink my choice /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Time is the result of concious though I think, and travelling along it would be silly idea. If we didn't measure time, it wouldn't exist. It's measured based on our lifespan and abilities, so if one were to exceed the limits of humanity you may be able to augment time, but not in any physical sense

Anyway

If you could time travel, and then change events, then that would then be the accepted set of events, and would effect you too, so even if you didn't deviate from your plan to time travel, you would forget the alternate past anyway.

So in the end it is probably futile

The INTERESTING concept is space travel, not outer space stars and planets, but the braking of the limitations of distance, not time.

There is also nothing to substantiate distance without anything to measure it against

[/ QUOTE ]

You just had to muck up this thread with all of that didn't ya???????

Well, for repentance, please find the nearest concrete/brick wall and bang your head until the stupid has left it. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

14. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I'd go back to the onset of puberty in the sixties and start laying more pipe than a free plumber....... not to mention buying certain stocks /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

15. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

What the [darn]? What am I doing all of a sudden to piss you off ?

16. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

Actually you need a DeLorean and a flux capacitor and some "special" fuel and to hit 88 miles/hour. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

And then i'd go back about 10 years and pick the OTHER girl i was interested in instead of the beotch i dated and wasted 8 years with. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif SLUT !!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

oh crap, sorry bout that, got alittle off subject, anyways... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

17. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I'd say you usually have one of the most colorful opinions around this site... Bubba must have been cut off from his sheep supplier for some reason /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

18. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

It isn't possible. Read Einstein's stuff.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It isn't possible. Read Einstein's stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]Not impossible, we just aren't technologicly advanced yet. Well we ever be ??? I don't know. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gifBTW, if we could travel through time, I think I'd choose to go into the future.

20. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

It is impossible.

1. Nothing can move faster than the speed of light.
    2. The human body would not survive the required acceleration.
    3. There is no way to navigate around planets and other objects at that speed.
    4. Your theory of flying faster than the speed of light and away from a mass at 90 degrees has no basis in physics. Not to mention, 90 degrees relative to what?
    5. The momentum of something large enough to hold people going the speed of light would be insane. It would be very difficult to stop.

I suggest reading about the "twin paradox." Very interesting stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif