Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Timing 4.3 TBI (need help fast)

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Blazer_Boy, May 5, 2002.

1. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I'm doing a motor swap for a fellow and we need to get this thing running right fast before his wife comes back from out of town and surprise her (he had it rebuilt and it was a rotten mess, so he came to me and I put in a crate motor). Its an '89 S-10 w/ 4.3 TBI. I found a single plug connector by the brake booster and unplugged that and timed it to 0 degrees and reattached the wire. It idled fine, but has zero guts and runs hot, I guess I picked the wrong wire. The wire I looked later was black and white and usually on the big trucks they're brown and white. There was a double plug connector by there too that had a brown and white wire and brown and red wire. Is that the one to unplug?

2. co.offroad

co.offroad Registered Member

if im not mistaken its a brown wire on the passenger side at the front edge of the carpet, unplug it time to zero , turn off the truck plug it back in, then it should be timed correctly, good luck!!!

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Yuppers, I put this on '73-'91 board and they told me where to look. We got it running awesome now. He was a little worried because he's painting my Blazer in exchange and he saw what needs to be done. I've got everything that's metal stripped down and primered. Even underneath the headliner!