Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Timing a TBI 350 - connector question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ZZ4x4, Nov 17, 2004.

1. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

I'm going to set the timing on a TBI 350 and I know that the EST signal connector near the master brake cylinder needs to be unplugged first and the timing set to 0*. Can someone photograph the proper connector and tell me where the two wire ends (opposite the connectors) go? There is one connector that has wires going into the firewall bundle(to the ECM?) and there is a gray connector with a single green wire. Which is the correct one?
    Thx.

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

No pics but the timing bypass wire is a tan wire with a black stripe that sticks out of a big wire loom near the brake booster.

3. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Looks like you have the same year and engine as me. Do you have a gray locking connector in that vicinity with a single wire? I think it is a green wire. I wonder what that is..

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Yeah, seems like I remember mine being a grey locking connector but the wire colors were definitely tan with the black stripe. The connector was hanging outside the loom close to the master cylinder (on the outboard/fender side of it).

5. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

Here is a pic of one:

[​IMG]