Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

timing chain, or camshaft?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tecton, Aug 29, 2003.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

sitting at micky D's drivethrough...and truck says "clank" or "clunk" and dies....wont restart. It hasnt been doing anything weird, just out of the blue.

Well this morning i talk to the garage and they think its a broken camshaft...but the peanut gallery swears its a broke timing chain.

they want about 600$ to fix it i believe. This also includes repairing the speedo and a hole in the floor...

It wants to crank...but it wont turn over...

ideas?

2. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

well i see it a few ways
    1. sue micky D's for making ya wait in line 2 long then go buy a 454 with a blower with all the $$
    2. your truck is smarter then you you shouldnt be eating there to begin with it was trying to protect you from food poising or getting fat or worse
    3 eat there a bunch till ya get fat and have a high colestrol count then sue and buy a crate vortec big block or a duramax
    4 on a serious note did ya check for spark ??
    if not pull nu 1 plug and see if ya get spark on the compression stroke
    if it wont turn over at all pull all the plugs and then test 1 plug for spark at the proper compression stroke possion
    let us know and good luck
    Randy