Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Timing?????help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by DSRTDOG, Nov 27, 2006.

1. DSRTDOG

DSRTDOG Registered Member

I just finished my87 blazer project but, frustrated with trying to fix the timing. It keeps popping as I accelerate, I have an RV CAM and flat pistons that came with my rebuilt kit from Summit its on older 305 block , the manual states O but I cant figure out were it should be????? And also I am looking for floor 4x4 gear shifter for a 208 transfer case, 700r4 tube dipstick. Thanks in advance will have some pics soon .:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :mad: :mad:

2. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

Does it still have TBI on it? If so remember to pull the est connecter before setting the timming. I run mine between 5-8 although it is supposed to be at 0.

3. my88texastruck

my88texastruck Registered Member

Crossed plug wires? Vacuum leak?

4. DSRTDOG

EST??? what ?? where? and can u post a pic. im like lost dont mean to sound like a dumbassss. thanks

5. JEBSR

JEBSR 1/2 ton status

I can't get a pic now (in korea) but if you still have TBI there is an EST connecter you need to disconnect. If I remember correctly it on the firewall just off the main wireing harness. I think mine is tan with a black stripe. You must disconnect it and set the timming, then shut it off and reconnect it. It just disables the ECM's ability to advance the timming while disconnected.

Someone should chime in and either agree or correct me on the possition of the plug.

6. my88texastruck

my88texastruck Registered Member

That's where mine is, too. Breaks out of the wire loom by the brake booster. Timing directions are on the emissions decal on the radiator support also.

7. DSRTDOG

Thank you:laugh: :laugh: i think i got it, it is at 10 still farting but a lettel moor and i think i have it thank you for the help (ps) i gusse it would help if i had all the emission stuff opps;) cali smog law suckssssss. THank you:bow: :bow: :D

8. scooter122983

scooter122983 1/2 ton status

you still need that dipstick tube i got one in the garage collecting dust.

9. DSRTDOG

Yes please, as long as it fits a 700r4 and how much$$$ let me know, my email alexmotomoto@yahoo.com . thank you