Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Timing Set for 96 up

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sparky, Apr 14, 2003.

1. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    I'm building a 383 and I have the HT383 cam in it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
    This cam is a hydraulic roller ment to fit a 96 up block. My problem is that they switched the bolt seperation on the cam so the top timeing gear from pre 96 doesnt fit. The only roller timeing set i can find is the OEM GM, and they want $150 for both gears and the chain. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Anyone have a part number for single or double roller timeing set for a 96 up chevey? All of the parts store sets arent roller, and I dont really want to put one of those on there.

Thanks

2. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

hey bud nice to meet someone from home i am not sure let me check with my parts guy for you i may be able to find you something ok ....Jason /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

3. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    thx jason

anyone else know of any aftermarket timing chains for 96 up SBC?