Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Timing specs

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by santana, Jun 17, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

What are the specs for a 350, HEI 4bbl? It's at 4-5 deg BTDC. Is this correct??

Jerry. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. the professor

the professor 1/2 ton status

It does vary from year to year, and engine to engine application...
    --
    Usualy they are set between 0deg and 10deg with the vacc line dissconnected.... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

i think mine says 8* but one of the old timers at work taught me a trick... go to autozone or an equivalent, and buy an inexpensive vacuum gauge, hook it up to a vac hose that has vac at idle and disconnect advance from distributor... advance slowly until it peaks and then starts to drop, back it off, then do it again just a little below where it peaked at, tighten it down, take it for a ride..

4. MousePowrd

MousePowrd 1/2 ton status

Your profile says 89K5. Did you convert it to carb? It all depends on the advance curve in the distibutor. 8 degrees is about normal, but if your distributor advances the timing too fast you will get detonation.