Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tip of the day.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Aug 8, 2004.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

When cleaning your garage and you find a large web, don't take a piece of wood and poke it and stand there staring at it. If you do, you might hit a widows nest with lots of babies in it. Babies ready to explode out of said web, like a nuclear spider bomb looking for someone holding a piece of wood they just stuck in their home. That person who poked the wood in that nest might also need to scream like a school girl, run from the garage in a near hystrical manor and make neighbors wonder if the men in white coasts will be visiting soon. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Oh damn, /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifWish I'd seen that.....

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm constantly reminded how nice and free of such evil creatures the north east is. Occassional poisonous snake but really we are free of such things.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

woah! I hate spiders like that

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Steph, You need two tools to deal with this. A can of aerosol carb cleaner and, wait for it......, a cig lighter. MISF has this perfected. He hates spiders like no one I've ever seen. First you spray carb cleaner in their general direction. That alone will probably keel them dead. Then you admin the coup de grace and spray thru the lit lighter in the same direction. Lastly you evacuate the area b/c it smells bad for a while.

Oh yea, might want to have a garden hose close by. maybe even running.....

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Steph, You need two tools to deal with this. A can of aerosol carb cleaner and, wait for it......, a cig lighter. MISF has this perfected. He hates spiders like no one I've ever seen. First you spray carb cleaner in their general direction. That alone will probably keel them dead. Then you admin the coup de grace and spray thru the lit lighter in the same direction. Lastly you evacuate the area b/c it smells bad for a while.

Oh yea, might want to have a garden hose close by. maybe even running.....

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif i did this exact same thing last night when i noticed a spider making his web between my K30 and the garage wall. fun stuff, just dont catch the can on fire! /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif i like spiders,they get rid of iretating bugs like flies and mosquitoes.about a month from now they will start building webs around here.i love throwing bugs in the web and watching the spider fly out and spin the web around it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My wife is the same way with spiders , she won't even watch all the cool spider based horror movies , or documentaries /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i love those. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

11. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

I found this gnarly dude in the hills this weekend. He's about 2 inches, stem to stern. VERY scary looking. He had just started spinning his web, had all the silks tied together in the middle and was just starting on the orb. I watched for an hour or so while he went round and round and finished it. Very cool. It was like 18" in diameter. I'd probably scream like a little bitch /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif if he actually was crawling on me tho'! When he was done, I caught a fat moth and tossed it in for him, I think he was stoked. I like spiders, when they're doing their job. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    [​IMG]
    I looked in my "Audubon Field Guide to North American Insects and Spiders" but I couldnt find a match. Closest I found was "orb weaver" /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    That person who poked the wood in that nest might also need to scream like a school girl, run from the garage in a near hystrical manor and make neighbors wonder if the men in white coasts will be visiting soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see the video.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

Yeah, spiders are definitely awesome, but we have problems with them around here alot. The banana spiders are worst about it, new webs every morning all over my truck connecting it to trees, fence, house, and all sorts of crap. But, you got to watch out for the grand daddy banana spiders because they can get up to 4 inches accross. Yeah it also reminded me of a time when there was an insanely fat wolf spider on top of our pool, so I did what any person would do, and smacked the crap out of it with a 2x4. As soon as I did, it exploded with what seemed like thousands of little spiders taking off in all directions across the top of our pool. Needless to say, I had some econosize wd-40 and a jet lighter on hand. hehe, didnt stand a chance. me-1, wolf spider chillun-0

Remington

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Only thing was, the nest was by my 60 gallon compressor. If I would have done flame thrower on them, I think I would have went boom. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Sucks where they are in a spot that makes it hard to get too. Anyhow, they were introduced to my shop vac, hope they like it there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

SH!T!!!!!! I hate those *&^**&!!!!!! there is only one awesome spider, and that's a dead one! all of them, even the harmless ones, they make me hurt myself! funny how a 6' 280 lb. man is scared of them, but I am. man, why did you have to post that picture???? shivers just ran up my spine!

16. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I'm sure MISF ("My Infamous Scout Friend" in case anyone is wondering) could show you the fine art of Flaming Arachnids. I've watched him flame them out from under vehicles near the fuel tank. From a distance mind you. I used to have pics, but they've gone the way of the Dodo. Your compressor would be fine.

The only downside, you know how they say you never forget the smell of the dead? Well, same is true of burnt spiders.