Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tipped my truck, help?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MTChevy, Mar 6, 2006.

1. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Hey everyone, I lost control in my truck (85 K10), hit the ditch, blew 2 tires off the rim's and tipped it over. aniallated the cab and box. front clip is fine though. What i was wondering is now that its tipped back over and sitting in my driveway what all should i do? I got pinhole holes in my sidewalls on the 2 tires that hit the ditch, can they be patched? Should i remove the sparkplugs and crank for a while to get all the oil out? Re-check u-bolt's, maybe even change lugs? Im looking for any suggestions. I appreciate the help, this is (was) my daily driver and I dont want to overlook anything. Thanks in advance. (Guess I dont got to worry about rock rash anymore:( )

Cole

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 74757685k5

74757685k5 1/2 ton status

put more oil in it. then sell it to me.
    side wall should be patchable.

3. MTChevy

I thought id like to throw in that Q-jets can run at a 90% angle, but not exactly smooth as at level:p:

4. Wishbone

Wishbone 1/2 ton status

Man, were you okay?

5. MTChevy

yeah, i thank god for my seatbelt. Suprizingly no glass broke so im just gonna continue driving it. I think all i really need to do is put oil in and continue trucking

6. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

damn bro, sorry to hear that! howd my rims hold up?? what happened? speeding or hit a patch of ice? glad ur alright.

7. MTChevy

rims are perfect, not a single new mark. weights still in place. just wish the tires didnt get hit, hope they can be patched!

8. jhellwig

jhellwig 1/2 ton status

Side wall patches don't hold up very well and a shop probaly won't patch it for saftey reasons.

9. 66chev

66chev Registered Member

Well considering i was on the other side of the bench seat when it happend i would like to say that it hurt me inside to see the aftermath. I guess you could say that i knew the truck would have dents in it like that someday and i couldent wait till they got there but i didnt want it to happen like this. Its amazing that it happend so easy :doah: He should have went with the 4 inch drop :haha: NOT!!!!!!!!.

66chev

10. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

It may be the picture but the body doesnt look all that bad to me. mine looks that bad and its never been wrecked. did anything bend to seriously like the frame or the cab to where the doors wont shut right? glad your okay that would suck.

11. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

Sweet wheeling pics:haha:

How long was it tipped over for?
    Id just start it back up, if will prolly smoke for a little while but it should be alright.

12. MTChevy

door shuts if you slam it, the cab right behind the door got pushed in about 1 1/2 inches from norm and the pass side of the box is completly destroyed, box side actually got shoved into the tail-gate

13. MTChevy

it was tipped over for a little under an hour

14. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Cole, where were you at? Looks like you were close to town. Drop me a line if you need some parts. Either I will have them or another friend of mine can get them for you for a fair price. I would double check the alignment, at a minimum cruise down the road and feel for any pulls, left or right...

15. MTChevy

I was out by giant springs, past the dam and facing the base. Only thing i think i need is a 35 (gonna do my 31's for now) I dont even have the money for an alignment anymore. Will test drive it tomorrow if i can scrounge up some oil. money for a box and cab is gonna take a loooong time :doah: Thank god i got a job. Might have a very ugly truck, but at least i will be back out of debt.

16. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Hey man, glad to hear you're OK and the truck isn't too badly damaged.

Good luck on the parts hunt :)

17. MT wheeler

MT wheeler 1/2 ton status

As far as those tires go, I have had some sidewall tears repaired by Vulcanizing. I used to get this done to tires in Texas. It ran about $25-$30 each.

18. ProJunkRacing

ProJunkRacing 1/2 ton status

i work at a shop and if it is within a thumbs width from sidewall it is illegal and he is right the don't hold up i think u need new tires bro

19. rcurrier44

rcurrier44 1/2 ton status

You sure its the sidewall and not the bead/rim leaking? I'd be surprised if you got a pinhole and not a rip from that.
    If your trucks been sitting on its tires for a while I would just pull the ignition wire and crank her over a bit. Also check the fan shrowd and radiator. I have had alot of chevy fans and rads come out of their mounts.

If you need chevy parts and are in the Bozeman area give me a hollar...I have several parts trucks laying around.

On a side note...its funny how many MT guys are on here and yet there is never anything going on over on m4x4a.org

20. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

[tommy boy voice] what'd you do[tommy boy voice]
    hope you get it fixed man