Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tips for getting along with a radical liberal?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Mar 12, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

It would seem the new tenant moving in soon to the house next door to me is one... Apparently, he's pretty fringe, he's actually still trying to get the 2004 election overturned for Kerry.

As tempting as it is to put a W'04 sticker on my car just to spite him, I will have to live next to this guy who can call the town on me for whatever... I'm always sure to be 100% legal in anything I do, but just being accused is enough to screw up life for anyone for a while, in anything...
    So I guess I need tips on how to politely disagree with him... Ahhhh, who am I kidding? A guy trying to overturn an election that's already post-inaugurated is probably going to try to screw anyone that disagree's with him no matter what.

Send lawyers, guns, and money!

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

put a kerry sticker on your car, and a W on his:dunno:

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

The moment you smell the devil weed billowing out of his pad, call the local police and snitch off that reefer madness. Then maybe he'll get evicted.....

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

How do you know this about him Ratch? If in just the course of some, getting to know you, conversation he came up with this crap to you, I'd say its gonna be hard to get along unless you avoid it like the plague. Our neighbors and ourselves find a policy of "we leave you alone, you leave us alone" to work quite well. Well back east anyway, here my neighbor has already called the cops on me and exchanged a few words at time, I'm lovable I swear....

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just tell him you do not want too talk politic because it causes too many arguements.

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Ratch,

Why don't you just wait and meet the guy first. Worst case he will have a different viewpoint than you, so what. You've been a member here long enough to learn how to deal with that.

If he turns out to be a really annoying prick just tie him to your bumper, drag him down 5th avenue, then go have lunch.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Could always have a line of K5s and Burbs pull up for a visit :D

I'll make sure to uncork the headers for that.

8. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Front Towards Enemy

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Good call :D

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I like the idea of a burb/K5 convoy rest-stopping here...:rotfl:

The story of how I know his politics goes like this:
    My youngest brother is a drummer in the high school marching band. My mom is very active in the bands events. So is this guy, his daughter is in the band.
    He and my mom for some reason have discussed politics, and since they both have very strong views, they talk it often. He's given my mom a ton of literature and has even bought her books to give her. I've seen some of these books, one of them had "Foreword by Michael Moore" on the cover, so I didn't even bother reading the back cover...
    He mentioned that he's moving I guess and the conversation got to "where", and she's since told me; the empty house next door to me. My brother occasionally comes over here, too, so I guess he's talked about it to the guy's daughter also.
    My dad is also good friends with the former owner, who's good friends with the new owner/landlord, so he always knows what's up with the house too.

The house was sold around thanksgiving, and it's been empty and dead quiet since.
    Last couple weeks, there have been vans coming and going there, and sometimes people walking through; prospective tenants I guess.
    I saw the house's new owner, and some guy I assumed was his lawyer or a salesman outside last week, and I pulled up and introduced myself as the owner of the house next door. I told him to let me know if he needs anything before he gets tenants, like take the trash cans in or close the gate if the wind blows it open, etc. He seemed cordial, and today said hi as he was doing some work. So hopefully that's a something getting off to a good start. I intend to be equally polite to the tenant when he arrives. I'm a little curious about what he'll say if he sees me heading out to the range with my rifle one day... If he'll leave me alone or politics will erupt...:thinking:

Hey Alan, you reminded me of a good point, I should really wait til I have a conversation with him before assuming the worst about him...
    We're extremely quiet people that keep very much to ourselves without being offensive. Hopefully he'll be the same, but I admit I'm bummed it's not a normal person moving in that I could at least not have a guarded conversation with...

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Invite GW and all his buddys over for a Texas style BBQ. It's doubtfull, but who knows, he might show uo, LOL.

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

hummm on the front of a claymore i do belive:thinking::thinking::thinking:

little drastic dont you think?

i like it!

13. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

You don't like to argue politics or religion just for fun. Just cause the guy has different views don't make him bad. I have some jo witness friends and it is just one of those things we agree not to try and convert just discuss issues. As long as we stick to enjoying truck, fishing and such all is good. Look at the good side of people. For example well we leave each other alone and try not to make to much noise to late at night. Or they train thier dogs to get way out of the road and my truck tires stay off thier dogs. Or do the I was here first thing and i can have a mudbog in my front yard almost eveyweekend accross from your expensive house and start a small used autoparts lot in my driveway.

14. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I can get along easy enough, I'm just worried about him gettign along with me. If he's got the same "Let's not talk about it" attitude, we'll probably be fine next door to each other.

My boss is extremely anti-gun. We talked about guns once during a casual meeting, and I swear I felt my ears turning red and like I started sweating, I got so nervous. I can debate co-workers and others pretty well, but with my boss, I just kept thinking "Don't get fired. Don't get fired. Don't get fired. Ignore the 'assault rifle' comment. Ignore the 'fully automatic hunting rifle' comment." :rotfl:

15. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you sound like a bull headed ass hole. i love it,my neighbors think i'm nuts. but we all get along great. and all the kids love it that they can use my front yard to play football or what ever. it keeps e'm out of the street.:grin:

16. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

our neighbors get the short end of the stick on the "leave us alone we leave you alone" thing. Something to do with the fact that my entire family has a passion for motorsports and all of them are V8s... heck even my 15 year old sister has a 300HP to the wheels Mustang thats quite a bit louder than stock :D

Somethings are worth going to war over... some you just live with.

17. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

you'll be fine RATCH, if hes that big of a dick just do something nutty. clean your guns on the porch dressed like a power ranger. he'll be nice.:laugh:

18. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Take all those books, put multiple rounds through them, and send them back

A good, though slightly immature way, is to just be very condecending, in a polite way, like you feel reallllllly bad for him. Act like everything he says is novel. "Oh, that's verrrrry clever, you should be very proud!"

19. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

I was wondering if anybody would catch that.:D

Even if they were duds, I would think it would keep somebody away from your property line. Put a stop to feral cats and kids with eggs too...

20. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Most of my Family are Liberal dems & Bush Haters. For the sake of family harominy I simply dont discuss politics with them. They dont like to bring up the subject with me either. They hate being asked pointed questions and being confronted with truth and not having way out.
    When I see the discussion headed toward Bush bashing I usually try to steer it toward something we all can talk about without their tempers getting the best of them:haha: LOL I have put a damper on more than one Thanksgiving dinner.