Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Tips on Timing after new intake mainfold

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76_Cheyenne, Jan 31, 2003.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

I got a new edlebrock intake manifold in the mail, and I have never set the timing on my 350 before. After I get the new manifold in, is it possible to try and line the rotor and distributor back up without having to set the timing? Or is there any hints on how to set my timing back once the new manifold is in. This is a new area to me. /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

What you'll want to do, is before complete disassembly, take the cap off of the distributor. Then, where the rotor points - mark a spot on the firewall with chalk or a pen. Then, when you put it back in after replacing the intake manifold, line up the rotor with the mark on your firewall. That should at least get you in the ball park. You can then fine tune from there - then bolt it down and you'll be good to go.

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

What he said,Even if you could set it exactly where it was it still would need to adjust a little diff cause of new intake. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif