Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

tire and rim FYI

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigmeats, Aug 20, 2000.

1. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

Just wanted to let everyone know about the great service i got when i went to buy and get my new rims installed.
    I did the usual things first, called every mail order place i could find in all the Mags, got the best prices, then started to look at the local shops (always feel better giving the local boys some cash). After about a day of doing the local research I ended of at Discount Tires, If there is a Discount Tire near you I would highly recomend them!
    They went out of their way to make sure they beat everyones prices, even the mail order places. They took the time to answer every question i had and made sure i was pleased with the purchace. They did not have the rims I wanted in stock (Eagle 589's, oops now they are eagle 58's) but they promised them next day. I put down money at 2pm and at noon the next day they were there!!! One other clincher for me was the price of instalation and the lifetime free balancing . Im not sure if i paid extra for the balancing but the install with balance was only 14 dollars a tire, Im running 35-14.5's that are custome groved, the life time balance was a god send. They have a large selection of rims and tires, and they also offer a package when you buy tires from them,not sure on the price but, if the tire cant be fixed with this package they Replace the tire for free, NOT pro rate it.

Well i only paid $524 for 4 15x10 Eagle 58's(got it right this time) including mount and balance. Pretty sure i got the best price around if not i'm still happy!

Just thought I'd share this part of the overall adventure with you and mabey save some one else some money too!

Happy wheeling,
    Carl....75 Blazer....Masnhattan Il

2. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple>Thanks for the tip...I plan on buying some Eagle58's too and will give Discount Tire a try.</font color=purple>

L8r,

.Riz.

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I buy all mine from Discount too. They also will beat other places. Don't forget the free rotation. I don't have a garage, so I have to pay $2.50 to use the frame lift here on base. I can just drive down to the local Discount, give them the keys, eat my lunch and read a magazine, and 30-45 minutes later, the tires are all nice and rotated. Back at work in under an hour. That's on a busy day too.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

4. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

I've been very happy with Discount Tire as well. What hooked me on them was that I've had probably half a dozen flats fixed there in the past 3 or 4 years and they've never charged me a dime! Most of the time these were tires that I didn't buy from them to begin with. That kind of customer service and the fact that they've always given me the best deal I could get is why the last 4 sets of tires I bought (for all my toys) have come from them. Glad to hear there are others out there who like them as well...

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP